Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2008, 03:23 AM
Passenger

Default HELP - NCL Spirit Atlantis Resort shore excursion

I'll be on an 8/17 NCL Spirit cruise that will be making a port call at Nassau, Bahamas. I'm very interested in booking an excursion with NCL for the Atlantis Aquaventure, but the $129 for 4-hours that NCL is selling is pretty steep.

Does anyone know anything about Comfort Suites right next door to Atlantis? I've heard you can book with them for access to all of Atlantis' facilities, but there is a 2-night minimum? Has anyone done this recently and can shed some light?

And how much can we expect to pay for a taxi from the Nassau cruise port to Atlantis for 6 people? Do Bahamian taxis go by a base rate + additional charge every 1/4 mile like we do in New York? Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Admiral

I am not aware of a two night minimum. We booked Comfort Suites a few years ago and had full access to Atlantis.
Old May 27th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

The taxi rate from the cruise terminal -> atlantis was 8 dollars / person which included a so called 'tour of the area architecture' and a 'tour' of the atlantis island

either way, it was a flat rate from the cruise terminal, and there are many many taxis waiting for you to try and take your money =) they'll also be trying to sell you other tour packages

Carnival Destiny - 2000
Norwegian Dawn - April 2006
Crown Princess - June 2007
Norwegian Gem - March 2008
Caribbean Princess - July 2008
Old May 27th, 2008, 08:13 PM
Admiral

I agree $129,00 is pretty steep but most tours booked via the ship are much more than independent tours. You may want to check posts a call and see if there are any tours that would be less expensive.

Nita
Old May 28th, 2008, 01:42 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenie weenie
I am not aware of a two night minimum. We booked Comfort Suites a few years ago and had full access to Atlantis.
I've contacted Comfort Suites and they still offer 1-day passes to Atlantis, as long as you book elsewhere (say Expedia). With them, there is a 2-night minimum.

When you used Comfort Suites, was it a short walk to Atlantis Resort? Should we take a taxi from the cruise port to Comfort Suites and quickly check-in to get our passes, and then take the taxi directly to Atlantis?

Thanks!
Old May 28th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I am editing this basedon what the next message says. This does look like a good deal. Please let us know how it works out.

From the web site:

Quote:
Located adjacent to the Atlantis Paradise Island, guests of Comfort Suites Paradise Island can enjoy full use of all their facilities, including swimming pools, private beach, magnificent waterscapes, Lazy River Ride, water slides, health spa, tennis, and Kids Camp. Guests also have full signing privileges at Atlantis' restaurants and lounges.

Another option - if you can get to Atlantis on your own, early in the day (taxis are reasonable), then you can get aquaventure day passes for your kids at $105 apiece ($75 ages 4-12) for full waterpark access (except the dolpin beach) and you can watch them with a grounds pass for $29 per person.

You will want more than 4 hours - there is a LOT for kids to do at the resort. You will want all day.
Old May 28th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Beginner

Just booked a one night at the Comfort Suites for a Sky 4 day 8/11. I booked thru our TA and used the 50+ year old discount price of $154.50 for the night. If you are a AAA member you can get the same discounted rate vs the $175 rate. You can also use the link below to book for one day, plus it tells you the Atlantis privileges you'll receive as a guest of the Comfort Suites. as the previous poster stated if you call the hotel direct they will require 2 night stay. I would have used the below link but just had my TA take care of it.

http://www.comfortsuites.com/ires/en...t5=1&nchild5=0[/url]