Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 28th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Passenger

Default Do or Don't? Horseback riding through Freeport with NCL

NCL Spirit is offering a horseback riding excursion at Grand Bahamas Island. It'll take us throughout the island and end up on a beach, but I've heard Freeport is an "industrial wasteland". Should I consider this, or should I book an excursion myself with an outside tour (Trikk Pony) that includes only a ride at the beach?

If anyone have experience with either of these 2, or any idea about Freeport / Grand Bahamas Island at all, please help. Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

my day @ freeport wasn't very long (8am - depart 3pm)

i would agree that freeport isn't a nice place to just walk around in (especially around the dock area). i'm not saying its unsafe or anything but it is sort of an industrial wasteland

my personal tip would be to take a taxi ($10/person round trip, with plenty coming and going all the time) from the dock across the island to Port Lucaya where there is a BIG westin resort on the beach. it had the nicest beaches and views out of all the islands in the itinerary. also, the resort is really big (plenty of $) so there are tons of amenities (pools, bars, food, beach chairs, patio, rent jetskis/kayaks, shower/changing, sports)

using the pools and chairs were free =)

Carnival Destiny - 2000
Norwegian Dawn - April 2006
Crown Princess - June 2007
Norwegian Gem - March 2008
Caribbean Princess - July 2008