Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 1st, 2008, 05:54 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to CRUISEGRLX0113
Default NEW TO NCL CRUISE

ok so i went on 2 cruises with disney to the eastern carribbean and now this is going to be my first time going on norwegian cruise line and im bringing my 15 year old daughter and i was wondering if you can give me some tips about a little bit of everyhting about this cruise.and since im going on the christmas cruise its sort of between christmas and my daughters birthday.she will be 16 on january 13th but i dont know if i should celebrate her b-day on the cruise.and since i have sprint do you think ill have service or anything and if its roaming i dont care.and im going out of ny ny and i dont live far from it i just need to taske a train and a cab to the port what time do you think i should get to the port???
Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2008, 08:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Are you going to the Carribean? I had cell phone service in most ports (US Cellular), yes I was in roam. If the ship leaves at 4pm, I am usually to the port by 11am, I can usually get on the ship by 12:00. You can purchase special occasion event items from NCL, for example birthday baloons and banners for the door. I have sailed on the Star, Wind and Pearl. Taking off to Bermuda on the Dream in October. I did a 14 day complete carribean last fall. Feel free to ask any questions.
Norwegian Dream October 2008 (Bermuda)
Norwegian Spirit September 2009 (Bermuda)
Caribbean Princess May 2010 (Caribbean)
Old August 1st, 2008, 08:54 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to CRUISEGRLX0113

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandy5165
Are you going to the Carribean? I had cell phone service in most ports (US Cellular), yes I was in roam. If the ship leaves at 4pm, I am usually to the port by 11am, I can usually get on the ship by 12:00. You can purchase special occasion event items from NCL, for example birthday baloons and banners for the door. I have sailed on the Star, Wind and Pearl. Taking off to Bermuda on the Dream in October. I did a 14 day complete carribean last fall. Feel free to ask any questions.
im going on the 7 day florida and bahamas round trip from new york i know ill get service in florida.ill just have to wait and see what happens.and how are the staterooms i booked a balcony stateroom.and how are the dinner arrangements?and one last thing is there a dress code for dinner bc disney had speical nights
Old August 1st, 2008, 09:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have only had inside state rooms, there has always been 2 of us. Small, but fine for us. I have spent up to 14 days in there! We don't spend a lot of time in the rooms though. My piece of advice is to stay organized..unplack, use closets, drawers, put suitcase under bed etc.

Dinner: NCL is Freestyle which means no set dinner times! Eat at 5pm or 9pm. In main dining rooms, buffets etc. there are no reservations needed, just show up when hungry and wait to be seated. I have never had to wait more than 10mins or so. If you go to a speciality restaurant (Le Bistro, Cagneys, etc) yo9u need to make a reservation up to one day before and you will be given a set time. I typically could get it within a half hour of what I wnated, if not, I went there another night.

There is no real formal dress code, again part of Free Style cruising. Basically resort casual. I got by by wearing dress capris, drss shirts, skirts etc. There is a formal captains dinner where you can dress up more formally. I have seem many people dressed very formal in gowns and tuxes. It is up to you! They ask for no jeans in the main dining rooms, but I ahve seen many jeans, many times. Also, no shorts, bathing suits etc excpet in buffets
Norwegian Dream October 2008 (Bermuda)
Norwegian Spirit September 2009 (Bermuda)
Caribbean Princess May 2010 (Caribbean)
Old August 1st, 2008, 09:40 PM
Yeoman

I also had cell service onboard (roaming). I use AT&T..
Carnival Legend
HAL Eurodam
Caribbean Princess

http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/s...avelin&match=1
http://www.igougo.com/profile/profil...emberID=574103
http://picasaweb.google.com/beentravelin