Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Manhattan Pier Parking -Suggestions for alternate site?

We have sailed NCL out of NYC before and used the parking lot on top of the Pier in Manhattan. We will be leaving on the Jewel for a 10 day cruise in October.

I see that a couple of things have changed with regard to the parking at the pier since our last trip, 1.) the price has gone up (2) they used to have a 7 day maximum for parking, now it appears that you pay for each day regardless.

My question for recent travelers: Are there any deals with local hotels that would allow free parking for the length of the vacation if you spend a night or two in NYC prior to the cruise?

I know that it asking a lot and the people from NYC are probably chuckling a bit for me even asking but that's why I use this site. I like to find the best deal as well as the best method of getting around.

That being said, we did find the pier parking very convenient and safe. We had no qualms about leaving the car in the lot after seeing the security in place. When we arrive back in NYC from the cruise, we were in our car and going through the Holland Tunnel toward Buffalo in less than 20 minutes after disembarkation.

We are going to come in a day early to NYC and stay overnight anyway so I thought I would check to see if there is a deal like this somewhere that we can take advantage of.

Thanks for your help as always,
-Jim in Buffalo
Sponsored Links
Old August 5th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Captain

Don't be surprised if your hotel has parking in NYC it is even more then the pier. There are some lots within a few blocks of the pier that will offer a better rate then the pier but not the level of security that you find at the pier and don't be surprised again to find a few dings in the car when you return.

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska