Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Passenger

Default 2.0 Freestyle cruising questions

Hi,
I am cruising on the Dawn in November and I was wondering if anyone has experienced the 2.0 style? I have a balcony room, and I was wondering if anyone received the champagne upon boarding the ship, also did you have the robe in the cabin, or did you have to ask for it? In the past I always had a robe on all Princess cruisess no matter what stateroom I had, but I was just on the NCL Sun with a balcony room and I asked about a robe, but they said they didn't have them. How about food? Restaurants? I hope to hear from someone or someones.
Thanks,
Christy
Sponsored Links
Old August 10th, 2008, 01:59 PM
Admiral

Default Re: 2.0 Freestyle cruising questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by destiniiii
Hi,
I am cruising on the Dawn in November and I was wondering if anyone has experienced the 2.0 style? I have a balcony room, and I was wondering if anyone received the champagne upon boarding the ship, also did you have the robe in the cabin, or did you have to ask for it? In the past I always had a robe on all Princess cruisess no matter what stateroom I had, but I was just on the NCL Sun with a balcony room and I asked about a robe, but they said they didn't have them. How about food? Restaurants? I hope to hear from someone or someones.
Thanks,
Christy
Christy, I can't answer all your questions, but everyone I have talked to did get the champagne upon boarding, I also think you will get the robes or can ask for them. When were you on the Sun? The food is improved I have heard with Lobster being served twice: once, Lobster Tails like when back when and the second time the Lobster, seafood combo which, BTW we had on the Star last fall and thought it was very good.

Hope this helps a little, I am sure others will come forward and answer all your questions.

Nita
Old August 10th, 2008, 02:23 PM
Passenger

Nita,
Thank you for answering one of my questions. I am surprised that I haven't had any reply's regarding these questions. (besides yours)
I really don't mind about the champagne, because I am alergic to alcohol, but I really enjoy the robe after a shower.
I am hoping that it is already in the room.
Thanks again,
Christy
Old August 10th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

You'll definitely experience the 2.0 upgrades on the Dawn.

I sailed the Dawn in 2007 and really enjoyed the ship. I was just on the Jade in the spring, when they introduced Freestyle 2.0, and I can tell you the food was very good, as was the expanded entertainment program.

I really enjoy the NCL poolside barbeques that they do on embarkation day, and most port days.

I'm not a bathrobe person, so truly can't remember if there was robes hanging in the closet or not.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old August 11th, 2008, 03:41 AM
Yeoman

When we are back from our cruise in September, all your 2.0 questions will get an answer!

I will write a review and I will write everything I can think on about Freestyle 2.0.
Old August 11th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Passenger

Thanks ERIK,
Have a wonderful cruise.
Christy
Old August 11th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Yeoman

Thank you Christy!
Old August 13th, 2008, 09:19 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to DPMinc

You get the Champagine when boarding, a snack in the room, that NCL keeps filling, cookies on the last night of cruise, aong other things as part of NCL 2.0

Paul
Norwegian Dream, Sun, Spirit
Royal Caribbean Grandeur/Sea
Old August 13th, 2008, 09:52 PM
Passenger

Thanks Paul,
Do you know anything about the Robe?
Christy
Old August 13th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Passenger

Thanks Paul,
Do you know anything about the Robe? What kind of snack? lol
Christy
Old August 14th, 2008, 04:37 AM
Passenger

Since you're in a balcony cabin the robe should be there. I think they're being offered because people on land saw us out on our balcony and complained!
Old August 14th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Passenger

Mr. Lee,
Thank you so much for the early morning laugh...... That is so funny. Because my imagination is totally going through the roof thinking about what you looked like on the balcony. Though on my last NCL cruise we were watching a version of the newlywed and not so newlywed game, and the crowd was shocked to learn that the couple who had been married 40 years had sex on their balcony, OMG. The husband said it of course, and the wife just went red as a lobster. I had no idea that the balcony could be used for so many different things. I just want the robe to put on after I get out of the shower and while I am getting ready. Princess cruises always supplied the robes, and we only had a window. And my last NCL cruise last March, we had a balcony and when I asked the steward for a robe he said they didn't have any. So, I am just hoping that this new 2.0 with robes for all balcony and up cabins is true.
Again, mrlee, thank you for the visual......
Old August 14th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Captain

It is true - you will have a robe

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska