Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:11 AM
Familiar Face

Default Has anyone cruised on the Norwegian Sky to the Bahamas?

Hi~

This September, my husband & I are taking our daughter & her friend on the Norwegian Sky, sailing out of Miami for 4 days to the Bahamas.

Has anyone been on this cruise yet? If anyone has, how was the ship? I am curious since it recently converted from the Pride of Aloha to the Norwegian Sky. Any information/feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks!!!

PAST CRUISES:
1998 - Carnival Jubilee
1999 - Carnival Holiday
2007 - Carnival Paradise
2008 - Norwegian Pearl
2008 - Norwegian Sky
2010 - Norwegian Dawn
2011 - Norwegian Epic
Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Captain

The Sky got off to a bumpy start but thinks seem to be smothing out. Here is a link to an excellent balanced review. Make sure you listen to the pod casts. Lots of detail and great insight from first time NCL cruisers

http://web.mac.com/thecruiseguys/The...s/Welcome.html

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old August 16th, 2008, 10:08 AM
First Mate

I'm sailing with hubby on the Sky 9-22-08. I read some of the reviews. All the negative ones seemed to be during the same time frame so hopefully it was just a rocky start. I bet its going to be a great cruise. Its been years since I've been on NCL - I'm anxious to try it again!
CARNIVAL BREEZE 1-13-2013
Old August 16th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Passenger

My son was on the Sky 8/8-8/11/08 and had a blast! He had no problem making reservations for all 3 specialty restaurants (Cagney's, LeBistro and Il Adagio) and he said the food was great.

No plumbing or AC problems in his cabin - in fact, he thought the AC was a bit on the "cold" side.

Crew was friendly, spa was relaxing and he had a hot stone massage that was just perfect.

We knew that the Sky had start-up problems and the week before his cruise I called my PCC to inquire how things were going and if progress was being made on some of the areas of concern; we were assured that great progress had been made since the initial few sailings.

My son said he would definitely recommend the Sky to anyone with no reservations - he's a 36 y/o who was home on his last leave before heading overseas (he's career military) and his Dad and I wanted it to be a great, fun relaxing time for him and it was!
Old August 16th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks for all of the responses! It's refreshing to see some positive comments; the constant negative comments I tend to see from first-time posters is draining! I'm very realistic; by no means do I expect everything to be perfect.

Shoreguy - thank you so much for the link to the Cruise Guys website, very interesting & informative!

Sistagoldenhair - we will be on the same cruise as you. My husband & I sailed on the Norwegian Pearl to Alaska in May & we loved it. That was our first NCL cruise; we have booked two more since then.

Watchdiva - glad to hear your son enjoyed himself, he definitely deserves it! I hope you got the military discount for him; my husband still gets it & he's been out of the Army since the early 90's. Please thank your son for his services to our country, it's very much appreciated!

PAST CRUISES:
1998 - Carnival Jubilee
1999 - Carnival Holiday
2007 - Carnival Paradise
2008 - Norwegian Pearl
2008 - Norwegian Sky
2010 - Norwegian Dawn
2011 - Norwegian Epic
Old August 16th, 2008, 11:46 PM
Passenger

That is such great news! I am glad this forum is here because I was seriously worried at first about our upcoming Sky crusise, now I can't wait!
Old August 18th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Admiral

Many ships get off to shakey starts: it appears the Sky is the perfect ship for the short 3 and 4 day cruises. We cruised her, way back when, enjoyed the cabins and the ship. Though the cabins were a little small they had plenty of storage and were laid out well.

Nita