Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Yeoman

Default Reservation for Le Bistro on the Jewel.

We are planning to eat at Le Bistro the second evening on our cruise in September. We wants to go there on a seaday and believe that it´s easier to get a table early during the cruise, later more people might be tired on the main diningrooms.

What´s the best way to do the reservation? We are planning to be among the first to board, is there a place we shall go to immediately when we board to make the reservation?
Old September 4th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Reservation for Le Bistro on the Jewel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikhag
We are planning to eat at Le Bistro the second evening on our cruise in September. We wants to go there on a seaday and believe that it´s easier to get a table early during the cruise, later more people might be tired on the main diningrooms.

What´s the best way to do the reservation? We are planning to be among the first to board, is there a place we shall go to immediately when we board to make the reservation?
usually you can find someone taking reservations right at the end of the pursers desk. You should have no problems booking as soon as you get on the ship for the next night.

Nita
Old September 4th, 2008, 11:48 PM
Captain

3rd time is the charm - I lost this reply twice :evil:

Keep in mind the first sea day is normally "dress up or not night" with lobster and beef wellington in the main dining rooms. You should have no problem getting a reservation. If you decide to eat in the Bistro you should still be able to get lobster with your selection at no additional charge that night.

If you are flexible as far as the time you want to eat getting a reservation in the bistro the day before should not be a problem any night.

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old September 5th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Yeoman

Thank you!

I´m aware of that the first seaday might be "dress up or not night" so we haven´t really decided how to do yet.
Old September 5th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreguy
3rd time is the charm - I lost this reply twice :evil:

Keep in mind the first sea day is normally "dress up or not night" with lobster and beef wellington in the main dining rooms. You should have no problem getting a reservation. If you decide to eat in the Bistro you should still be able to get lobster with your selection at no additional charge that night.

If you are flexible as far as the time you want to eat getting a reservation in the bistro the day before should not be a problem any night.
you do bring up a good point Shoreguy, but I am always surprised at how many of my clients choose to do specialty dining rooms on formal nights. They would rather eat in the quiet and elegance of a more upscale dining room than hassle the main dining rooms on these nights.

Nita
Old September 5th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Erik,

There are multiple ways to make your reservation. On our Jewel cruise in May the reservation desk (table) was set up in the atrium area next to the coffee café/shore excursion area on deck 7.

You can also use the reservation line on your phone (the easiest) to make reservations or you can just stop by Le Bistro to make your reservation. Though they won't be open when you board.

When we sailed in May we ate at Le Bistro on two occasions and had no problem with reservations. Actually our second time was a walk up. The video screens, located at each restaurant, show what restaurants have availability and it's a great if you want to make a last minute choice. We did walk-ups at Le Bistro, Mama's and Chin Chin's. At each we were seated at a table for two.

Have a great cruise and do try the specialty restaurants. You will enjoy them.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 5th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Yeoman

I understand those of Nitas customers who prefer to eat in the specialty dining rooms on formal nights but if it´s like on the previously NCL-cruises we have been to, the designated main diningroom may be more formal on the formal night than Le Bistro and then it would feel wrong to sit in Le Bistro that night!
Old September 5th, 2008, 10:12 AM
Yeoman

Thank you Mike. If we shall make reservations later during the cruise we will probably use our phone but we don´t expect to have access to it when we board.
Old September 5th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Thank you Mike. If we shall make reservations later during the cruise we will probably use our phone but we don´t expect to have access to it when we board.
Erik:

You'll have access to it at 1:00 p.m. when the cabins are ready. If you board earlier then you can hit the reservation desk.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

Old September 5th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Admiral

actually erik, being I would never turn down Lobster we always choose to eat in the main dining rooms on formal optional nights, but my cleints that like Le Bistro or Cagneys either do not like to dress up at all or they don't want to fight the crowds in the main dining rooms on formal night. Though we have always been lucky, if there is a wait for seating (main dining) it will be those nights.

Nita
Old September 6th, 2008, 03:04 AM
Yeoman

I like lobster but I don´t think it´s a big deal if I should miss it. The worst thing would be to miss the atmosphere in the main dining room during the formal night.

Do they still have a main dining room designated only for those who decide to wear formal clothes? It´s not a problem if we have to wait for a while to get a table.

Can we expect more people to wear formal clothes on this transatlantic cruise compared to a carribbean cruise?
Old September 6th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Quote:
I like lobster but I don´t think it´s a big deal if I should miss it. The worst thing would be to miss the atmosphere in the main dining room during the formal night.

Do they still have a main dining room designated only for those who decide to wear formal clothes? It´s not a problem if we have to wait for a while to get a table.

Can we expect more people to wear formal clothes on this transatlantic cruise compared to a carribbean cruise?
educated guess from past experience: yes, but with the new restriction on luggage in the past year or so I don't know.

Nita
Old September 7th, 2008, 05:05 AM
Yeoman

The luggage restrictions is probably not a big problem since it´s not only domestic flights involved.

People living close to New York only fly from New York to London before the cruise and my guess is that they are allowed to check in 2 bags for free. We are allowed to check in 2 bags each and our handluggage can be as heavy as 23 kg if we can handle it but then of course we are travelling with the worlds best airline, British Airways!

People from other parts of the US might have to fly domestic too but normally they will be allowed to check in bags according to the airlines international rules whick probably mean that they are allowed to check in 2 bags, I´m not sure but that´s my guess!
Old September 7th, 2008, 09:29 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:

Erik,

Tsar's dining room is designated formal. It is also designated "dressy" throughout the cruise and no jeans are allowed at dinner.

I would expect a more formal atmosphere on a transatlantic but it is still "Freestyle".

Take care,
Mike

Old September 7th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Yeoman

It´s perfect for us that Tsar´s is designated formal and also more "dressy" for the rest of the cruise. Tsar´s seems to be the main dining room we like best and we prefer to dress up a little every night. I should never eat dinner in jeans on a cruise if I don´t do it in the bufferestaurant.
Old September 7th, 2008, 12:32 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
The luggage restrictions is probably not a big problem since it´s not only domestic flights involved.

People living close to New York only fly from New York to London before the cruise and my guess is that they are allowed to check in 2 bags for free. We are allowed to check in 2 bags each and our handluggage can be as heavy as 23 kg if we can handle it but then of course we are travelling with the worlds best airline, British Airways!

People from other parts of the US might have to fly domestic too but normally they will be allowed to check in bags according to the airlines international rules whick probably mean that they are allowed to check in 2 bags, I´m not sure but that´s my guess!
i work for a us domestic carrier. we only allow 1 free checked bag now, even if you are connecting to an international flight on another carrier. but airlines that have both domestic and international might have different rules.

-RCL: Majesty of the Seas: Oct. 17, 2008
-CCL: Dream: April 10, 2010 - Honeymoon
-CCL: imagination: Oct 10, 2011

Old September 7th, 2008, 12:57 PM
Yeoman

Meagan, that´s exactly what I meant. If you fly with United from Los Angeles to London one way, they probably give you the same amount of "free" luggage on the flight from New York to Los Angeles after the cruise.

Connection to another carrier for the international flight is something completely different, of course!!!