Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 11th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Familiar Face

Default Norweigan Dawn in December

Hello everyone!!!,

My sister, my cousin and myself were invited on another "birthday" cruise coming up this December. Our ports are: Miami; Samana; St. Thomas; Tortola; Great Stirrup Cay. We'll be sailing on the Norweigan Dawn and would like to know if anyone would like to offer any "Excursions" suggestions, on board activities we three should try.

I know that on the same day we reach Tortola, a big birthday party is to happen for the birthday girl (she's turning 70, yeah!!!). Any and all information is greatly appreciated. Later.

Any info on the Noweigan Dawn, good or bad, is also appreciated. TXS.
Carnival Valor - (10/10/10) Western Caribbean

"HEY YOU!!, put down that Crackberri and pick up a martini!!!."
Sponsored Links
Old October 30th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Passenger

Default My mom's 70th birthday cruise

OMG....My mom and I are going on the Dawn cruise departing Miami on 12/13/08 and we are celebrating her 70th birthday!!

I too would like information about excursions for the same ports.

Also, my mom read somewhere about taking a ferry from St. Thomas to St.John (I think it's St.John) and spending the day there. Can anyone recommend a taxi server or tour service that we can use that will show us around the island? I don't want to rent a car and drive around to see the island, I would prefer someone who knows where they are going do the driving. Suggestions would be most welcome.
Old October 30th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Admiral

Happy 70th to both of the birthday people: I am just past you a few years::: In fact spent my 69th on the Sun...

Lots of great ideas for tours, you may want to go to ports a call for ideas or, as much as I hate to suggest another website, go to CruiseCritic and check out the ports a call. Another suggestion: just search the various websites for the islands you will be visiting:

St Johns is really nice, good idea to take a ferry over, depending on how long you will be in St Thomas, remember St Thomas is also good for shopping, not as good as in years past, but worth investigating.

Tortolla, you must visit the baths in Virgin Gorta, well it isn't a must, but one of the most beautiful places I have even seen. The only problem if anyone has walking problems the path down to the beach is very steep..

We were totally unmoved by Samana but in all fairness it was the first year any ships stopped there so it really had very little to offer and the people were totally unfriendly. I am not sure I would even get off the ship if we went there again.

GSC, well, how you like it will depend on how many private islands you have visited before. We thought is was a great way to end the cruise. It was just my daughter and I. We tendered over, had a great lunch, watched the younger set playing volley ball, walked up to the straw market area and they layed out on the beach for awhile. The water was absolutely crystal clear. I would suggest you get a very early tender, we waited until about noon, it was too late and very crowded. Will this be the most wonderful port on your cruise? Probably not, but it is fun. It sorta reminded me of my high school days and going to the beach for a picnic.

Nita