Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Familiar Face

Default Miami Early Disembarkation?

We are arriving back in Miami on a Friday next month (Nov) after a short 4 day cruise aboard the NCL Sky. The official itenerary says it docks at 8:00 AM, however every cruise I have ever been on it seems more likely they will dock a little earlier. We are Canadian so we will also have to go through Immigration screening.

**** (Edited to include domestic flight details) We have a domestic flight out of MIA to Buffalo, NY on Delta leaving at 11:11 AM. If we ask for early walk-off disembarkation, do you feel we'll be fine for getting to the airport in time?

Thanks for any help.
Old October 17th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Since you'll be on International flights you're expected to check in 2 hrs prior to your lfight time. That means checking in shortly after 9 AM.

If you do self debarkation - meaning you carry off ALL your own bags - you might stand a chance of making it, or if you arrange to be the first off.

However any delays that may occur could cause you to miss your flight. The flight you booked is a tad early for any comfort zone.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old October 17th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Familiar Face

Kuki:

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry, I should have indicated that my flight is domestic, not international. I am from Canada, but we are flying in and out of Buffalo and then we drive back over the border.

Can I assume I'll be okay in this case?
Old October 17th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

being on a fligth within the US you only have to be at the airport check in 1 hr prior. However, the cruise lines recommend no flights before noon.

If you are determined to do the early flight. Be sure to talk to guest relations to be in the first group off... in advance of the end of the cruise.

And I wouldnt recommend a cruise line transfer, as you'll waste time waiting for the bus to fill. Grab a taxi to the airport.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/