Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Familiar Face

Default Opinions on the Extra Fee Resturants on the Sky?

Can anyone give me their opinions on the extra fee resturants aboard the NCL Sky please?

We haven't been on NCL for years, but on our last princess cruise we tried the extra fee resturants and it was well worth it.

Thanks for any comments
Old October 17th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Opinions on the Extra Fee Resturants on the Sky?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLSmith
Can anyone give me their opinions on the extra fee resturants aboard the NCL Sky please?

We haven't been on NCL for years, but on our last princess cruise we tried the extra fee resturants and it was well worth it.

Thanks for any comments
My opionon is that it is not worth it for a few reasons. You got to figure 20.00 a night of your cruise is allocated for dinner, so, add on the extra 20.00 and now you are really paying 40.00 per person and the food wasn't that much better. Also, you need to add tip to the pay restaurant and now it's at least 50.00 for that meal.

Second reason is in the main dining room, you can order as many different appetisers and dinners you want, in the pay restaurant, you can only have a choice of 1 each.

However, on the Star, if you ate after 8:30, you could get any pay restaurant for half price except the Sushi/japenese one.

If you can eat for half price, then i would say it's barely worth it!
Old October 18th, 2008, 03:37 AM
Yeoman

We haven´t cruised on the Sky so I can´t say anything for sure.

I assume that the menus and the quality of the food is very much the same on all the ships and if it is, it´s absolutely worth it!

We have eaten at Le Bistro on the Dawn and on the Jewel and the food was absolutely great.

I have not heared anything about a rule saying that you can only order one appetiser. We haven´t tried to order more than one appetiser but when we ate at Le Bistro on the Jewel, our waitress almost insisted that we should have a second dessert!

Do they have Cagney´s on the Sky? If they have, Cagney's Banana Foster Flambee for dessert is worth the extra $20!

You don't have to tip anything at the extra fee restaurants, maybe you want to because the service is excellent but you don't have to do it!