Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old October 23rd, 2008, 11:12 AM
jleq's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,017
Default USA Today opinion: 'NCL experience' has improved

__________________
11/21-Jimmy Buffett Concert
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old October 23rd, 2008, 02:38 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,617
Default Re: USA Today opinion: 'NCL experience' has improved

thanks for posting: great article and good news for NCL. I am not a lover of USA today, but with such a high circulation this is a big help to the cruiseline.

Nita
__________________
ncl, carnival, HAL, Costa, RCI, commodore,chamdres,celebrity,Princess
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old October 24th, 2008, 01:18 AM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California
Posts: 178
Default

I still prefer Carnival or Royal Caribbean when you compare the cruise lines in their class!
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old October 24th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peninsularoad
I still prefer Carnival or Royal Caribbean when you compare the cruise lines in their class!
Would you like to repeat that again? I think so far you have let all of us know this over and over.

NIta 8)
__________________
ncl, carnival, HAL, Costa, RCI, commodore,chamdres,celebrity,Princess
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old October 24th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita
Quote:
Originally Posted by peninsularoad
I still prefer Carnival or Royal Caribbean when you compare the cruise lines in their class!
Would you like to repeat that again? I think so far you have let all of us know this over and over.

NIta 8)
OK, if you insist!

I still prefer Carnival or Royal Caribbean when you compare the cruise lines in their class!
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old November 4th, 2008, 05:52 PM
momofmeg's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peninsularoad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita
Quote:
Originally Posted by peninsularoad
I still prefer Carnival or Royal Caribbean when you compare the cruise lines in their class!
Would you like to repeat that again? I think so far you have let all of us know this over and over.

NIta 8)
OK, if you insist!

I still prefer Carnival or Royal Caribbean when you compare the cruise lines in their class!
Why do you spend time on this board then? it does not make sense-unless you just come here to bad mouth.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old November 5th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by peninsularoad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita
Quote:
Originally Posted by peninsularoad
I still prefer Carnival or Royal Caribbean when you compare the cruise lines in their class!
Would you like to repeat that again? I think so far you have let all of us know this over and over.

NIta 8)
OK, if you insist!

I still prefer Carnival or Royal Caribbean when you compare the cruise lines in their class!
Why do you spend time on this board then? it does not make sense-unless you just come here to bad mouth.
I come to give my opionon so others won't have the same bad experience. That is why we have these boards, to give the good and bad!

If you read other comments on other post, you will see I'm not alone.

I guess you feel if you can't have anything good to say, don't say it so others won't know!
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old November 5th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peninsularoad
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by peninsularoad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita
Quote:
Originally Posted by peninsularoad
I still prefer Carnival or Royal Caribbean when you compare the cruise lines in their class!
Would you like to repeat that again? I think so far you have let all of us know this over and over.

NIta 8)
OK, if you insist!

I still prefer Carnival or Royal Caribbean when you compare the cruise lines in their class!
Why do you spend time on this board then? it does not make sense-unless you just come here to bad mouth.
I come to give my opionon so others won't have the same bad experience. That is why we have these boards, to give the good and bad!

If you read other comments on other post, you will see I'm not alone.

I guess you feel if you can't have anything good to say, don't say it so others won't know!
No, constructive criticism is always welcome, bashing is a little different..I wouldn't say you have totally bashed NCL but you have not contributed much that would be helpful. We all have our favorite lines, most prefer to post on those lines, not wander to other lines to make negative comments.

I think this momofmegs point.

Nita
__________________
ncl, carnival, HAL, Costa, RCI, commodore,chamdres,celebrity,Princess
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old November 6th, 2008, 01:50 AM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Black Diamond Washington
Posts: 199
Default

Nita

Very well put, I agree with you.

I say

"a problem can always be found when one go looking"

Drew
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old November 7th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California
Posts: 178
Default

Nita,

I have posted positive things about this ship. Below, you will read my post from another post. You even commented on the same post.

I went to say the entertainment was fine and for the price, it was an OK cruise. If I was here just to bash, I would not have said anything good, however, the entertainment was fine, the ship was clean, the rooms were fine, matter of fact, just about everything was fine except the food! I even went on to say they have the best bathrooms in the ship cabins!

So, I'm not here to bash, I'm here to say that in my opionon, if you want better food, then don't take this ship. If you want average food at a very good price, then this ship is for you. If it was a really popular ship, then they would not be selling a week to mexico for 249.00 right now. However, i will say, for 249.00, it's a great deal and I would advise anyone who can go November 29th - december 6th to take this deal!

Here was my previous post......................

We sailed on the Star. I've been on Royal Caribbean and Carnival, so, I do have others to compare.

As far as the ship, it was fine overall. The only bad thing is, to get to the pool, you have to go through the buffet, but overall, the ship was as nice as the others. The cabins were fine, actually, there bathroom is the best.

The entertainment was on par with the others also.

Now, my complaint.

First, the food was very bland in the main dining room, very small portions and just not very creative. The buffet was, well, a typical buffet, nothing great.

Now, my biggest complaint, buit what I feel, many people like the opposite, so, it's just a matter of opionon!

I hated the freestyle!!!! For one, because you never get the same table, you don't get that intimate relationship with the same waiter and that is important, because he remembers what you like and knows your name!

Also, I like dining with the same tablemates for all 7 nights. It's great, because you get to develope a relationship with them over time, where as, on the Star, you never get the same ones on any night.

While the service was OK, you still don't get the really personal service since every night the waiter is different!

Having total strangers for all 7 nights is not good!

Finally, I love it at the end with the dancing waiters and singing waiters. You don't get that on the Star.

Having said this, no cruise is ever a bad cruise. For what we paid, it was fine, it's just we won't go on NCL again.
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old November 7th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peninsularoad
Nita,

I have posted positive things about this ship. Below, you will read my post from another post. You even commented on the same post.

I went to say the entertainment was fine and for the price, it was an OK cruise. If I was here just to bash, I would not have said anything good, however, the entertainment was fine, the ship was clean, the rooms were fine, matter of fact, just about everything was fine except the food! I even went on to say they have the best bathrooms in the ship cabins!

So, I'm not here to bash, I'm here to say that in my opionon, if you want better food, then don't take this ship. If you want average food at a very good price, then this ship is for you. If it was a really popular ship, then they would not be selling a week to mexico for 249.00 right now. However, i will say, for 249.00, it's a great deal and I would advise anyone who can go November 29th - december 6th to take this deal!

Here was my previous post......................

We sailed on the Star. I've been on Royal Caribbean and Carnival, so, I do have others to compare.

As far as the ship, it was fine overall. The only bad thing is, to get to the pool, you have to go through the buffet, but overall, the ship was as nice as the others. The cabins were fine, actually, there bathroom is the best.

The entertainment was on par with the others also.

Now, my complaint.

First, the food was very bland in the main dining room, very small portions and just not very creative. The buffet was, well, a typical buffet, nothing great.

Now, my biggest complaint, buit what I feel, many people like the opposite, so, it's just a matter of opionon!

I hated the freestyle!!!! For one, because you never get the same table, you don't get that intimate relationship with the same waiter and that is important, because he remembers what you like and knows your name!

Also, I like dining with the same tablemates for all 7 nights. It's great, because you get to develope a relationship with them over time, where as, on the Star, you never get the same ones on any night.

While the service was OK, you still don't get the really personal service since every night the waiter is different!

Having total strangers for all 7 nights is not good!

Finally, I love it at the end with the dancing waiters and singing waiters. You don't get that on the Star.

Having said this, no cruise is ever a bad cruise. For what we paid, it was fine, it's just we won't go on NCL again.
yes, you have pointed out a few positives, but you take every opportunity to stress and I repeat Stress the negatives as you see them. As for the food, this is so subjective, I have heard people complaint because the food is too spicey compared to HAL. I won't go there, I like HAL food better, but certainly do not think NCL food is spicey. Of course I was raised in So Cal, lived in Texas and NM, I really am accustom to spice!!!

the other complaints you are listing are simply opinions, many are tired of the singing waiters, that is why ships are cutting back on this; as for traditional dining, again, freestyle isn't for everyone, but every shipline (mass marketed) offers a form of freestyle now, why? because is it very popular. There is something to be said about the same wait staff, you can get this on NCL if you want. You have to ask for the same wait perosns and it probably isn't worth it. Dining with the same tablemates? Just wait til you get ones you have nothing in common with, this can make for a very unhappy cruise...

Nita
__________________
ncl, carnival, HAL, Costa, RCI, commodore,chamdres,celebrity,Princess
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old November 7th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentnail
Nita

Very well put, I agree with you.

I say

"a problem can always be found when one go looking"

Drew
You wrote:

"the other complaints you are listing are simply opinions"

100 percent of all reviews are simply opinions!!!!!! I'm entitled to mine anytime someone writes about the Star just as you are entitled to yours. I don't complain because I always hear you like NCL best, even though I read that many times. Therefore, if I repeat myself, it is because someone new has posted a topic and there are always new readers.

When i read opinions, I read the good and bad and then make my choice as I try to balance everyone out. It would be a disservice if someone was only to read the good ones or just read the bad ones!
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old November 7th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita
Quote:
Originally Posted by peninsularoad
Nita,

I have posted positive things about this ship. Below, you will read my post from another post. You even commented on the same post.

I went to say the entertainment was fine and for the price, it was an OK cruise. If I was here just to bash, I would not have said anything good, however, the entertainment was fine, the ship was clean, the rooms were fine, matter of fact, just about everything was fine except the food! I even went on to say they have the best bathrooms in the ship cabins!

So, I'm not here to bash, I'm here to say that in my opionon, if you want better food, then don't take this ship. If you want average food at a very good price, then this ship is for you. If it was a really popular ship, then they would not be selling a week to mexico for 249.00 right now. However, i will say, for 249.00, it's a great deal and I would advise anyone who can go November 29th - december 6th to take this deal!

Here was my previous post......................

We sailed on the Star. I've been on Royal Caribbean and Carnival, so, I do have others to compare.

As far as the ship, it was fine overall. The only bad thing is, to get to the pool, you have to go through the buffet, but overall, the ship was as nice as the others. The cabins were fine, actually, there bathroom is the best.

The entertainment was on par with the others also.

Now, my complaint.

First, the food was very bland in the main dining room, very small portions and just not very creative. The buffet was, well, a typical buffet, nothing great.

Now, my biggest complaint, buit what I feel, many people like the opposite, so, it's just a matter of opionon!

I hated the freestyle!!!! For one, because you never get the same table, you don't get that intimate relationship with the same waiter and that is important, because he remembers what you like and knows your name!

Also, I like dining with the same tablemates for all 7 nights. It's great, because you get to develope a relationship with them over time, where as, on the Star, you never get the same ones on any night.

While the service was OK, you still don't get the really personal service since every night the waiter is different!

Having total strangers for all 7 nights is not good!

Finally, I love it at the end with the dancing waiters and singing waiters. You don't get that on the Star.

Having said this, no cruise is ever a bad cruise. For what we paid, it was fine, it's just we won't go on NCL again.
yes, you have pointed out a few positives, but you take every opportunity to stress and I repeat Stress the negatives as you see them. As for the food, this is so subjective, I have heard people complaint because the food is too spicey compared to HAL. I won't go there, I like HAL food better, but certainly do not think NCL food is spicey. Of course I was raised in So Cal, lived in Texas and NM, I really am accustom to spice!!!

the other complaints you are listing are simply opinions, many are tired of the singing waiters, that is why ships are cutting back on this; as for traditional dining, again, freestyle isn't for everyone, but every shipline (mass marketed) offers a form of freestyle now, why? because is it very popular. There is something to be said about the same wait staff, you can get this on NCL if you want. You have to ask for the same wait perosns and it probably isn't worth it. Dining with the same tablemates? Just wait til you get ones you have nothing in common with, this can make for a very unhappy cruise...

Nita
By the way, I will say, the november 29th sailing for 1 week to Mexico on the Star is only 249.00 and I would tell anyone who can take that cruise to do it as it is a real bargain. i would highly recommend anyone for this price to book it as it is a killer deal!
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old November 8th, 2008, 03:52 AM
Senior Member
Yeoman
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 562
Default

peninsularoad, nmnita probably just mean that you have made your point and you don't have to do that everytime someone has a question about NCL.

People who choose to cruise with NCL should know about Freestyle and what it means, if they don't they need to check the broschures more carefully.

The things you write about the dinners on NCL are wrong! (except that you didn't liked the food, you are allowed to have that opinion even if I don't agree) You can get the same waiters every night and you can share table with the same people every night, if you want it and the other people want it. Why is it important that the waiters know your name? Why is it important that they know what you like?

We also can't really understand why you are so afraid of the sanitisers! And since you are so afraid of them, why did you walked through Garden cafe everytime you should go to the pool?

You are allowed to your opinion and you are allowed to write about it everywhere if you want to but if your main problems was that you didn't liked the food and that you hated the sanitisers, maybe you should choose not to tell everyone again, and again, and again...

I could make a lots of comments on questions about Carnival, RCI etc. but I choose not to do that. I make some comments there too but only when I think that it's really important, for example when someone says that on NCL you can't have the same waiter every night because that is wrong!
__________________
Erik in Sweden
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old November 8th, 2008, 10:02 AM
shoreguy's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peninsularoad
I still prefer Carnival or Royal Caribbean when you compare the cruise lines in their class!
I try an ignore your repeted posts on the NCL board that you perfer Carival and RCCL. I have seen your explanation and your logic in the later posts.

I guess I should drop in on those two cruiseline boards everyday and post that I perfer NCL and the quality on my 2 Carnival and 3 RCCL comes no where close to the 25 on NCL.

It really makes no sense. If you were unhappy with NCL move on. That is what I have done with Carnival. I will never cruise with them again for a list of things too long to bother posting. That said you will never see a post from me on a Carnival board anywhere.
__________________
Next up - NCL Epic - Transatlantic 06/24/10 website
http://epicmadhatters.com/

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old November 8th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by peninsularoad
I still prefer Carnival or Royal Caribbean when you compare the cruise lines in their class!
I try an ignore your repeted posts on the NCL board that you perfer Carival and RCCL. I have seen your explanation and your logic in the later posts.

I guess I should drop in on those two cruiseline boards everyday and post that I perfer NCL and the quality on my 2 Carnival and 3 RCCL comes no where close to the 25 on NCL.

It really makes no sense. If you were unhappy with NCL move on. That is what I have done with Carnival. I will never cruise with them again for a list of things too long to bother posting. That said you will never see a post from me on a Carnival board anywhere.
That's too bad, people like to hear opinions good and bad when making choices for a cruise. It's a disservice if they can only read good reviews or if they only read bad reviews. Most people like to read a variety of reviews so they can make up their mind when choosing the next cruise.

If you read the different travel sites, all they do is give a very vanilla review and none say anything bad. This is why honest opinions on these sites are so valuable.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old November 8th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: California
Posts: 178
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikhag
peninsularoad, nmnita probably just mean that you have made your point and you don't have to do that everytime someone has a question about NCL.

People who choose to cruise with NCL should know about Freestyle and what it means, if they don't they need to check the broschures more carefully.

The things you write about the dinners on NCL are wrong! (except that you didn't liked the food, you are allowed to have that opinion even if I don't agree) You can get the same waiters every night and you can share table with the same people every night, if you want it and the other people want it. Why is it important that the waiters know your name? Why is it important that they know what you like?

You are right, you could have the same waiter, but when we asked to sit with other people, they would always sit us at a big empty table and it stayed that way!

Plus, I told NCL I would never go on their line again and stop calling me, yet I must get at least 2 4 calls a month. One time, they called me and while I was telling them for the 15th time, I got another call from them on my call waiting line! Imagine that, I had 2 people call me at the same time! How lame!

We also can't really understand why you are so afraid of the sanitisers! And since you are so afraid of them, why did you walked through Garden cafe everytime you should go to the pool?

You are allowed to your opinion and you are allowed to write about it everywhere if you want to but if your main problems was that you didn't liked the food and that you hated the sanitisers, maybe you should choose not to tell everyone again, and again, and again...

I could make a lots of comments on questions about Carnival, RCI etc. but I choose not to do that. I make some comments there too but only when I think that it's really important, for example when someone says that on NCL you can't have the same waiter every night because that is wrong!
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old November 8th, 2008, 11:06 AM
Senior Member
Yeoman
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 562
Default

You got a big table of your own because people who cruise with NCL don't want to share table!

Your empty experience at dinner tells me one thing, there were no lines at dinnertime and that's a good thing! When there are lines they always ask if anyone wants to share and since noone wanted to share table with you, there were no lines!
__________________
Erik in Sweden
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old November 8th, 2008, 01:47 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,617
Default

peninsularoad, I think the point trying to be made here is: voicing negative opinions once or even twice when they are just that opinions, are fine, but to take every opportunity to voice them isn't going to help too many people, in fact you are only hurting yourself. Though your experience wasn't what you had hoped, it is time to get over it.

We had the opposite experience on Princess, one thing we did not like was the large tables in the flex dining rooms. We felt there was too much confusion and the service surffered, our experience, but do you see me on the Princess board stressing this over and over? NOPE< I did mention it when we first returned, would this affect my cruising Princes again? NOPE. We had a few other less than positive things to say about Princess as well as other lines, but we would never rule a line out because of one sailing. No cruiseline is perfect nor is every cruiseline right for every passenger. IF you prefer RCI and Carnival, that is fine. But you are not helping build them up by blasting NCL...Of blasting certain elements of NCL> Maybe it is the strong verbage you are using that is a bit offensive.

Nita
__________________
ncl, carnival, HAL, Costa, RCI, commodore,chamdres,celebrity,Princess
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old November 8th, 2008, 06:11 PM
momofmeg's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peninsularoad
Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by peninsularoad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita
Quote:
Originally Posted by peninsularoad
I still prefer Carnival or Royal Caribbean when you compare the cruise lines in their class!
Would you like to repeat that again? I think so far you have let all of us know this over and over.

NIta 8)
OK, if you insist!

I still prefer Carnival or Royal Caribbean when you compare the cruise lines in their class!
Why do you spend time on this board then? it does not make sense-unless you just come here to bad mouth.
I come to give my opionon so others won't have the same bad experience. That is why we have these boards, to give the good and bad!

If you read other comments on other post, you will see I'm not alone.

I guess you feel if you can't have anything good to say, don't say it so others won't know!
Not hardly. I base my opinions on my OWN experience so I will wait and see. I have found that other's experiences do not always "jive" with mine. I haven't been on NCL yet-but I know, from past experience-of the other 6 lines I have been on-that my experiences have not been what many said it would be. Both GOOD and BAD.

Plus, when I see a person who seems very obviously to have a vendetta for some reason, ( like you) that automatically discredits their posts in my mind. I also discredit "cheerleaders".

I "listen" to the posts that tell me both the good and the bad. I happen to know that NO experience is 100% perfect and no experience is 100% horrific.
Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old November 8th, 2008, 06:30 PM
momofmeg's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 1,316
Default

Okay the food thing. I already know the food is not great. Kuki has said to budget $100 for the better restaurants, per person. I plan to listen to his advice. I figure he has been on numerous cruises and he knows what he is talking about.
Having the same waiters each night is nice, and getting to know your tablemates is nice also. Btu I can honestly say, a few times we had tablemates, I would have prefered not to be seated with.

For ex. we had some nuts who were tea totalers to the extreme. Now I drink very little, usually, perhaps one drink in an evening at the piano bar or elsewhere. I am one of those people who gets sleepy with one drink-so when they "asked" (more like demanded) that we not drink in their presence, although I found it a little offensive, I was agreeable to comply. That was- until the night after we attended the ice show, they made a big deal about seeing us order drinks at the ice show. They pissed my hubby off big time- to the point- that he ordered several drinks at dinner that night. Fortunately the next night which was the last night of the cruise we were eatting in the speciality restaurant. !

Now that was our worst dinning experience, a couple of others were not a lot better, for ex. hubby and I, late forties/early fiftieis was paired with this couple in their twenties. We had very little in common to talk about. Another time we were paired with this very shy couple who simply did not want to talk to us, so we gave up, after a couple of attempts and just talked to each other.

Now, we have had very good dinning mates also. My point in this post is to say- not always. ! and so there have been a few times I wish we had had freestyle dinning!

Nita, my biggest fear is as that the ship holds almost 3000 people. I am afraid I won't like the cruise because of that. I know I dislike the RCI voyager class because of the congestion and have no desire to even try their larger ships.
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old November 9th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by peninsularoad
I still prefer Carnival or Royal Caribbean when you compare the cruise lines in their class!
I try an ignore your repeted posts on the NCL board that you perfer Carival and RCCL. I have seen your explanation and your logic in the later posts.

I guess I should drop in on those two cruiseline boards everyday and post that I perfer NCL and the quality on my 2 Carnival and 3 RCCL comes no where close to the 25 on NCL.

It really makes no sense. If you were unhappy with NCL move on. That is what I have done with Carnival. I will never cruise with them again for a list of things too long to bother posting. That said you will never see a post from me on a Carnival board anywhere.
Well put, I have a similar view to yours Shoreguy...

NIta
__________________
ncl, carnival, HAL, Costa, RCI, commodore,chamdres,celebrity,Princess
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old November 9th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofmeg
Okay the food thing. I already know the food is not great. Kuki has said to budget $100 for the better restaurants, per person. I plan to listen to his advice. I figure he has been on numerous cruises and he knows what he is talking about.
Having the same waiters each night is nice, and getting to know your tablemates is nice also. Btu I can honestly say, a few times we had tablemates, I would have prefered not to be seated with.

For ex. we had some nuts who were tea totalers to the extreme. Now I drink very little, usually, perhaps one drink in an evening at the piano bar or elsewhere. I am one of those people who gets sleepy with one drink-so when they "asked" (more like demanded) that we not drink in their presence, although I found it a little offensive, I was agreeable to comply. That was- until the night after we attended the ice show, they made a big deal about seeing us order drinks at the ice show. They pissed my hubby off big time- to the point- that he ordered several drinks at dinner that night. Fortunately the next night which was the last night of the cruise we were eatting in the speciality restaurant. !

Now that was our worst dinning experience, a couple of others were not a lot better, for ex. hubby and I, late forties/early fiftieis was paired with this couple in their twenties. We had very little in common to talk about. Another time we were paired with this very shy couple who simply did not want to talk to us, so we gave up, after a couple of attempts and just talked to each other.

Now, we have had very good dinning mates also. My point in this post is to say- not always. ! and so there have been a few times I wish we had had freestyle dinning!

Nita, my biggest fear is as that the ship holds almost 3000 people. I am afraid I won't like the cruise because of that. I know I dislike the RCI voyager class because of the congestion and have no desire to even try their larger ships.
I too prefer the 2000 passenger ships, but I also know you are going with an open mind. Because of freestyle and so many dining choices, hopefully you will not get that conjested feeling. the one time you will probably feel it the most: debarkation at the ports. I suggest, unless you have an early tour wait an hour or so after debarkation starts to even consider getting off the ship.

Nita
__________________
ncl, carnival, HAL, Costa, RCI, commodore,chamdres,celebrity,Princess
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
food, improved, ncl, today, usa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cruisemates in USA Today Donna Chit - Chat for Cruisers 5 October 14th, 2003 05:34 PM
USA TODAY article PSM First-Time Cruisers 24 July 15th, 2003 09:00 PM
USA Today article PSM Carnival Cruise Lines 7 March 15th, 2003 02:31 PM
CruiseMates in USA Today Article Dean Renner Chit - Chat for Cruisers 2 March 3rd, 2003 12:27 AM
USA Today article, 11-8-02 Boomer Chit - Chat for Cruisers 1 November 9th, 2002 02:35 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:51 AM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1