Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 13th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default soda card

How much is the soda card is per day?

Past cruises
Carnival Paradise 2005
Monarch of the seas 2006
Dawn Princess 2006

Future cruises
Vision of the seas 2008
Ncl Star 2009 cancel
mariner of the seas 2009
Sponsored Links
Old November 14th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Admiral

the rates are different for kids under 13 than for teens and adults. I want to say it is $34 for a 7 day cruise for kids and $48 for teens. I just purchased this for clients last summer but can't remember for sure. Let's put it this way, even though bringing your own soda on can be a pain, unless you drink an awful lot I wouldn't but the card. Of course, I am a good one to talk, I don't drink soda..

Nira
Old November 15th, 2008, 07:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

On our last cruise (10?18/08) the soda card was approx. $6.75 per day plus the 15% gratuity.
Old November 15th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Passenger

I bought the card when we cruised on the "Sun" in February. It was convient to just go bring your cup up for a refill, but it's fountain soda out of a "gun" so sometimes the mix was good and sometimes it was too syrupie and sometimes it had too much water. I think I will just bring some on board with me and then purchase my diet coke/diet pepsi at the ports. I actually bought Dt. Coke and Coke Zero in Belize, Cozumel and the Bahamas and didn't find the taste too different then what I was used to here in the states. St. Thomas is our first port so I should be able to buy a supply there.

Like was previously mentioned this posting, it all depends on how much you drink and if you want to bring some on board with you and if you would feel comfortable buying some in port.

Shew, that was a lot!

Have fun on your trip!
Old November 16th, 2008, 09:01 AM
Cruise Maniac

Catsen,
You are right about the mixture from the soda fountain "guns" being variable depending on the location of the bar. I think that the only soda that was consistent at all of the venues was Ginger Ale.

As far as bringing your own soda back on board, NCL does not allow its passengers to bring drinks back onto the ship. You may be able to sneak a couple of cans in your bag but it is hardly enough to last for any lenght of time. One of our traveling companions tried to bring some tonic water on board (two bottles) and they showed up on the x-ray machine and were not allowed to go to the room.
Old November 23rd, 2008, 10:55 AM
Beginner

total for 7 days $50.31 adult