Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 5th, 2008, 12:30 PM
Admiral

Default NCL drops surcharge

Old December 5th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Captain

It is offical

NCL Suspends Fuel Supplement

Miami - Dec 4, 2008 ---
In response to the current continued decline of fuel prices, Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) announced today that it is suspending the company's fuel supplement effective immediately for all voyages departing in 2009.

NCL will refund the fuel supplement in the form of an on-board credit for all 2009 bookings within the final payment period. All existing 2009 bookings outside of the final payment period will be adjusted to remove the fuel supplement and NCL will revise the final payment amount.

"Global fuel prices have dropped to a level where we can now suspend the fuel supplement, making an NCL Freestyle Cruising vacation an even greater value," said Andy Stuart, NCL's executive vice president, global sales and passenger services.

NCL will continue to closely monitor global fuel prices to assess whether a reinstatement of the fuel supplement will be necessary in the future. The company reserves the right to re-instate the fuel supplement for all guests should the price of light sweet crude oil according to the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index) increase above $65 per barrel.

Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) is the innovator in cruise travel with a 42-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which has revolutionized the industry by allowing guests more freedom and flexibility.

Today, NCL has the youngest fleet in the industry with 11 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed cruise vacation on the newest, most contemporary ships at sea.

NCL is presently building a new third generation Freestyle Cruising project known as F3, for delivery in 2010.

High resolution, downloadable images are available at http://www.ncl.com/pressroom. For further information on NCL, visit http://www.ncl.com or contact NCL in the U.S. and Canada at (866) 234-0292.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/...Code=PR_120408

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old December 5th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Protest to NCL regarding sailing between now and Jan 1

The reason that NCL chose to announce yesteray was to counter Carnivals announcement. but they did not even match Carnivals plan to drop all charges as of Dec. 17.
Now NCL could have waited till Jan 1 and made the announcement effective immediately but they chose to make it now leaving the passengers traveling over the next three weeks with a bad taste in the mouth.
It would have been good customer relations to have made it effective as of the date they made the announcement or at least matched the competition.
While it likely will do no good at all on this occasion, it might make them think next time something comes up. so I am voicing my opinion to them directly.
I urge those thus effected to do the same.

I just spoke to my agent and this is what she recommended passengers booked in DEC do.
Mail a letter including your booking number and your feelings regarding this to:
Norwegian Cruise Lines
Guest Relations
PO BOX 025403
Miami FL 33102
and or FAX to 305 436-4108

She said they will not listen to the agents but sometime will reconsider when passengers get involved . They only announced it now because Carnival did but they did not even match Carnival which is dropping theirs as of Dec. 17. anyway I suggest those that are in this window of time between now and the first send such letters and faxes. Can't hurt and may help.

The Opposite of Love is not Hate, But Indifference
Old December 7th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Passenger

You know, you are right. i was so delighted about getting the money back, I didn't realize that it wasn't effective immediately. It certainly should be. We will be eligible because we are cruising in january, and I'll tell you, we will buying a lot of wine, and going to the spa with our on board credits. I wonder, can you use onboard credits to cover your tips?

Romantica
Victoria
Voyager of Seas
Freedom of Seas
Rhapsody of Seas
Sovereignof the Seas
Imagination
Celebration
Imagination
old Noordam
New Noordam
Amsterdam
Rotterdam
Century
Constallation
Millenium
ncl wind
ncl pearl

Old December 7th, 2008, 08:39 PM
Admiral

I just got the revised pdf file with my lower balance due today and I agree, EVERYONE should get the gas surcharge returned to them.

I hope sending an email to NCL works for everyone!

Good luck!

Michelle
Old December 7th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Admiral

Default Good news I think, or maybe not...

I just read a post on another board from someone on the Dec. 12 Jewel sailing. He was able to get an OBC in the amount of the fuel surcharge he had paid. Others were able to confirm by calling NCL. Then others were flatly turned down.

I do admit I like the way Carnival handled this much better than NCL. But as long as oil stays down, I will get my fuel surcharge back from both of them in 2009

I hope the December 2008 cruisers get their OBC.

Read and post cruise reviews