Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Familiar Face

Default Re: NCL GEM TRANSATLANTIC 11/29/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Mom
We got a steal on a mini-suite..but interested in your comment about needing a wheel chair as Parrot Pop will most likely be using a "rollator" ...
I have some difficulty walking so we asked for (and got!) this suite
... which is extra wide:

However, if I don't need a wheelchair and someone else does
then NCL will switch us to a "standard" mini-suite.

Then I can come back here and complain about how terrible NCL treats its guests.
Old June 14th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by pJames
Quote:
We got a steal on a mini-suite..but interested in your comment about needing a wheel chair as Parrot Pop will most likely be using a "rollator" ...
... which is extra wide:

Then I can come back here and complain about how terrible NCL treats its guests.
That brings me to the subject of "handicapped cabins"..Met a couple on our Princess tour who said they only got "handicapped cabins"..her husband had a sight problem and a bad knee!!! HELLO!! Poor Parrot Pop had to be in a wheel chair the last two days on the ship..I'm only anxious that we be mid-ship and near the elevator..but if we book the Equinox which is huge next year I wil check into a "handicapped" cabin.. and they have some mid-ship. One line refused my 90 year old sister in law a handicapped cabin because she could stand and walk a few feet....she died of cancer a few weeks after the cruise..it wasn't NCL..
Old June 14th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Familiar Face

If I don't need a wheelchair next year, then I'd be happier in a standard mini-suite.

Alas, them thar handicapped cabins ain't got no bathtub and hot baths for a bad back would be so nice!.
Old June 14th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Admiral

Default Bad Backs

Quote:
If I don't need a wheelchair next year, then I'd be happier in a standard mini-suite.

Alas, them thar handicapped cabins ain't got no bathtub and hot baths for a bad back would be so nice!.
Celebrity if I can remember has lifts to put you in the jacuzzi on the Lido Deck and a hot jacuzzi does wonders for my back. On the Pacific Princess Parrot Pop could not go into the pool the way the steps were designed and forget about the jacuzzi..no bar to help get out.. I've photostated a bit of your information and am now starring my own guide, If your going to be in a wheel chair you may have difficulty in many of the ports which are cobblestoned..
Old June 17th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
... which is extra wide:

good point Parrot mom.

Nita
Old June 19th, 2009, 02:30 AM
Familiar Face

It's my understanding that some NCL ships
have been outfitted to deal with pirates:

If we're lucky, we'll be aft and will miss the action.