Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 14th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default NCL MASTERCARD: What are the specifics of the new plan?

I have called the NCL Mastercard 1-800 number but no one can tell me what the new rules will be for the rewards program. They just say that the details will be sent out in the mail after the first of the year. I have seen some conjecture about the new rules but nothing concrete.

I am close to an award level under the old rules. I am sure that someone on this board can give me the information for the new program. Please let me know what you know and supply a link (if available) for the program information.

I really appreciate the expertise on this board and thanks,
-Jim
Sponsored Links
Old December 14th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Captain

:evil:

Double points for NCL spend. Spend 10,000 get $200

How about a free balcony for 7 days 227,900 points.

If you spent 227,900 dollars on the current card you would have $6837 toward vouchers. If the spend was with NCL you would have had $9116

50,000 gets you the old $500 off any cruise.

Welcome back to the world of traditional travel cards.

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cm...Id=WorldPoints

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old January 6th, 2009, 12:11 AM
Passenger

I'm extremely disappointed in Bank of America and they will probably lose my business. I was told by an employee of B of A to request my remaing reward points after my billing cycle in December, and they would priority mail them to my home. (no mention of a $35 fee) until I called to request them. The only reason for my request was to receive them and forward them on to NCL in Florida (from Oregon) to make sure they were received 15 days prior to my sailing. My reward total was 383 points. When I received the certificates they were for $100 ea., in 3 separate priority envelopes for a total of $105. I still do not have this issue resolved, and I have not been awarded the balance of 83 points as stated in the letter I received dated October 1st. When I asked the rep. from B of A to refer to the letter, she had no idea what letter I was speaking about. I faxed her a request to resolve this issue immediately, and to get the remaining points to NCL prior to my departure. No reply as of today. We will most likely not be using this program in the future
Old January 6th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Captain

If they were $100 cash vouchers that is news. Are you sure they are not 100 point vouchers good for upgrades. Normally no cash vouchers until you get to 500 points.

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old January 7th, 2009, 01:07 AM
Passenger

Bank of America letter states: You will receive a Compas Reward certificate for your remaining points balance by January 31, 2009. The new NCL WorldPoints program starts January 1, 2009. Any transactions made after your December statement closing date will not earn points towards the compass rewards program. We have applied previous reward points prior to paying the balance of our cruise. The remaining points, once received by NCL (I was told by NCL) would be applied as a credit towards the card we use to pay our onboard account with. We are not able to upgrade, as we booked on deck 11 inside cabin months ago
Any thoughts?