Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 14th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Captain

Default 2010/11 European schedules posted now

We're planning on doing the Baltic in 2010 and have been anxiously awaiting the sailing dates. They popped up on Friday - woohoo - let the planning begin.
Old December 31st, 2008, 08:13 PM
Passenger

Thanks for the heads up.

I might do the Baltics in 2010 but will not book yet because
(a) I'll like to see if the new F3 will be sailing round Europe in 2010; and
(b) if I do go for the Jewel, I think I'll book a CV so as to use the pool on deck 14. Deck 12 might be too cool for me. Since there is a cancellation charge for the CVs, there is no merit in booking so early. In this economic climate, I expect there won't be a great rush for the CVs but I could be wrong.

Anyone fault my reasoning?
Old January 1st, 2009, 10:07 AM
Captain

Your reasoning is spot on. Every cruise I have looked at lately the CVs are the last to sell out. Like you no plans for 2010 until I see what the F3 is doing.

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old January 1st, 2009, 11:00 AM
Captain

There are some OBCs available now although not fabulous offers.
We did the Baltic on the Dream 4 or 5 years ago and while the weather was enjoyable it would be too chilly for Southerners to be in the pool.
The cruise is so port intensive that I think we may just book an inside or OV and use the extra money for private tours in St. Pete.

I have $3,000 in compass rewards so will be enjoying the last of our points. We are travelling with 2 other couples so will book early so they can make plans. One of our group is from Wales and will he be giving us the insiders tour of London and Dover.

Happy New Year to all.
Old September 30th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Beginner

Default Baltic cruise for 2010

The Norwegian Sun is doing the baltic cruise for 2010 and not the Jewel...I have already booked my dates (8/3-8/15) for this cruise.....this is my first ever cruise and hope it is a good one...this is a birthday present for my mother who will be 79 years old on the 10th of august....My cabin is on the 12th deck, it is the mini-suite with a balcony.
Old September 30th, 2009, 11:11 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Year
Thanks for the heads up.

I might do the Baltics in 2010 but will not book yet because
(a) I'll like to see if the new F3 will be sailing round Europe in 2010; and
(b) if I do go for the Jewel, I think I'll book a CV so as to use the pool on deck 14. Deck 12 might be too cool for me. Since there is a cancellation charge for the CVs, there is no merit in booking so early. In this economic climate, I expect there won't be a great rush for the CVs but I could be wrong.

Anyone fault my reasoning?
I can't fault your reasoning one bit. My own observation seems that lately most of the CV cabins are not selling and a large number of the cabins are upgrades or upsells. I personally believe they are pricing the CV's too high in price and too high in deposit. I think they need to reevaluate their pricing structure.

If there are any early saver or OBC discounts that come up I would take advantage of those and before final payment upgrade your cabin.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me