Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old December 26th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 2
Send a message via AIM to cruiserfromnc Send a message via MSN to cruiserfromnc
Default Sailing Majesty from Charleston on 2/28/09

Is anybody sailing on the Majesty on 2/28/09?

Or has anybody sailed her recently and have any advice, hints, tips, etc?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old December 28th, 2008, 01:36 PM
beentravelin's Avatar
Senior Member
Yeoman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Asheville NC
Posts: 682
Default

Sorry, were not on board for this one, but we did do this same cruise back in May. Save yourself alot of money by booking excursions on your own. Normally I don't recommend this but since the ship is docked for three days, there is no chance of it leaving you behind. Cabs are expensive, buy a three day bus pass for like $20-25 I think. The busses go almost everywhere the tours go. I loved St. George. Quaint little town easily walkable. Try the Whitehorse Saloon. Great food and then partying after dark. Hamilton is a nice town with good shopping. My favorite place was the Royal Naval Dockyard. Lots of nice people and good eats. Try the Frog and Onion pub. Then maybe the Bonefish Grill. Bermuda's beaches are also some of the prettiest I've ever seen. I think you'll like it.
__________________
Disney Wonder
Carnival Liberty
NCL Majesty
Carnival Legend
HAL Eurodam
Caribbean Princess



http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/s...avelin&match=1
http://www.igougo.com/profile/profil...emberID=574103
http://picasaweb.google.com/beentravelin
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old December 28th, 2008, 02:04 PM
shoreguy's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beentravelin
Sorry, were not on board for this one, but we did do this same cruise back in May. Save yourself alot of money by booking excursions on your own. Normally I don't recommend this but since the ship is docked for three days, there is no chance of it leaving you behind. Cabs are expensive, buy a three day bus pass for like $20-25 I think. The busses go almost everywhere the tours go. I loved St. George. Quaint little town easily walkable. Try the Whitehorse Saloon. Great food and then partying after dark. Hamilton is a nice town with good shopping. My favorite place was the Royal Naval Dockyard. Lots of nice people and good eats. Try the Frog and Onion pub. Then maybe the Bonefish Grill. Bermuda's beaches are also some of the prettiest I've ever seen. I think you'll like it.
Too bad the Majesty does not go to Bermuda in Feb. OP is off to FL and the Bahamas
__________________
Next up - NCL Epic - Transatlantic 06/24/10 website
http://epicmadhatters.com/

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old December 28th, 2008, 02:15 PM
beentravelin's Avatar
Senior Member
Yeoman
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Asheville NC
Posts: 682
Default

oops!
__________________
Disney Wonder
Carnival Liberty
NCL Majesty
Carnival Legend
HAL Eurodam
Caribbean Princess



http://www.cruisemates.com/gallery/s...avelin&match=1
http://www.igougo.com/profile/profil...emberID=574103
http://picasaweb.google.com/beentravelin
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old December 28th, 2008, 04:51 PM
shoreguy's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beentravelin
oops!
But thank you for the suggestions for Bermuda. I will be there this summer on the Dawn
__________________
Next up - NCL Epic - Transatlantic 06/24/10 website
http://epicmadhatters.com/

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old December 29th, 2008, 09:58 PM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Black Diamond Washington
Posts: 199
Default

We were looking to do the NCL Majesty out of Charleston in the fall of 2009 but can't find any sailings for her after Oct. 2009. I have heard they were thinking about pulling out of that port so it must be true, is the Majesty leaving NCL also.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old December 29th, 2008, 10:29 PM
shoreguy's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentnail
We were looking to do the NCL Majesty out of Charleston in the fall of 2009 but can't find any sailings for her after Oct. 2009. I have heard they were thinking about pulling out of that port so it must be true, is the Majesty leaving NCL also.
Yes. The ship has been sold and will be gone from the NCL fleet in the Fall of 2009
__________________
Next up - NCL Epic - Transatlantic 06/24/10 website
http://epicmadhatters.com/

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old December 29th, 2008, 11:42 PM
Senior Member
Cruise Maniac
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Black Diamond Washington
Posts: 199
Default

Any hope that another NCL ship will return to Charleston
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old December 30th, 2008, 12:04 AM
shoreguy's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentnail
Any hope that another NCL ship will return to Charleston
Always hope but no plans I have heard. Once the F3 comes to Miami in 2010 they will need to play musical ships again.
__________________
Next up - NCL Epic - Transatlantic 06/24/10 website
http://epicmadhatters.com/

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2009, charleston, cruise, norwegian

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Questions about the Majesty-Charleston to Bahamas michelenorton Norwegian Cruise Lines 9 August 12th, 2008 01:22 PM
Majesty cruise departing 1/21/06 from Charleston, SC Meji23 Norwegian Cruise Lines 0 January 7th, 2006 02:12 PM
Majesty out of Charleston Kendra Norwegian Cruise Lines 5 January 17th, 2005 12:44 PM
Majesty out of Charleston tee Norwegian Cruise Lines 0 January 16th, 2005 07:18 PM
Majesty out of Charleston Pink Norwegian Cruise Lines 6 February 26th, 2004 10:03 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:29 AM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1