Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to kathiintheboro
Default first NCL cruise.. difference between the BA BB BC etc rooms

Planning an NCL Sky cruise ... can't decide on 3 or 4 nights... also need help with a room BA, BB, BC... what is the difference???? Thanks any of you veteran NCLer's for your help!
Sponsored Links
Old January 13th, 2009, 09:27 AM
Admiral

normally the biggest difference will be location on the ship. BTW, I would do a 4 day, not a 3 day cruise. Just my opinion but I do not think 3 day cruises are anywhere near long enough to get a feel for the ship. By the time you unpack you are packing again..

The exception, if you live in the location of the ship and are just looking for a long weekend away for the hussle bussle.

Nita
Old January 13th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita
normally the biggest difference will be location on the ship. BTW, I would do a 4 day, not a 3 day cruise. Just my opinion but I do not think 3 day cruises are anywhere near long enough to get a feel for the ship. By the time you unpack you are packing again..

The exception, if you live in the location of the ship and are just looking for a long weekend away for the hussle bussle.

Nita
thanks Nita,

I have noticed they are different places on the trip... do you like being all the way aft? or do you prefer starboard or port ???? if it isn't that much bigger I can go smaller but the price difference isn't great so I would like to get a nice big balcony if BA is that much bigger than BE... but does the aft end of the ship wind up being where you wanna spend time smoking a cig and having morning coffee?

thanks!
Old January 13th, 2009, 11:54 AM
Admiral

We always try for aft, whether we have an outside, a balcony or a mini suite. They are often a little larger and so peaceful..As for what side of the ship, that pretty much depends on the itinerary. Sometimes port is better, sometimes not. I usually don't really care, but some do.
Old January 13th, 2009, 02:22 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to BigE11378

tell me which cabin number and i will figure out the balcony size. most rooms have the same size balcony unless you go to suites and up.
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old January 13th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE11378
tell me which cabin number and i will figure out the balcony size. most rooms have the same size balcony unless you go to suites and up.
I was just trying to figure out if there was a difference in size or ANYTHING in the BA cabin vs. BB, BC, BD or BE... figured there would be.. thanks for any help in deciding cabin....

Do you like being directly aft or do you prefer a balcony on the side of the ship.. do you have a preference for the 4 night cruise as far as port or starbird?

Thanks!