Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 14th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Beginner

Default First Timers on The Sky

Hi there, my fiance and I (i'll be 23 at the time of sailing and she will be 20) are going on our very first cruise together and we have a few questions.

1. I know including in the price is food at specific places (i've read the Crossings and Palace are these specific places please correct me if i'm wrong) but what are the prices per person at the other places?

2. My fiance is very excited about the Spa, I know there is a fee to use it just wondering what that fee is.

3. I know room service is offered, is this free (of course we will be tipping throughout our cruise) or does it have a cost attached to it?

4. I've read about a waiver being signed to allow my fiance to drink, is this true? Can it be signed before we leave or be faxed in by her folks?

5. I'm not a heavy drinker but i do enjoy a good beer, how much does a beer go for =)

Thanks a bunch.
Sponsored Links
Old January 14th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Admiral

Default Re: First Timers on The Sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photex
Hi there, my fiance and I (i'll be 23 at the time of sailing and she will be 20) are going on our very first cruise together and we have a few questions.

1. I know including in the price is food at specific places (i've read the Crossings and Palace are these specific places please correct me if i'm wrong) but what are the prices per person at the other places?

2. My fiance is very excited about the Spa, I know there is a fee to use it just wondering what that fee is.

3. I know room service is offered, is this free (of course we will be tipping throughout our cruise) or does it have a cost attached to it?

4. I've read about a waiver being signed to allow my fiance to drink, is this true? Can it be signed before we leave or be faxed in by her folks?

5. I'm not a heavy drinker but i do enjoy a good beer, how much does a beer go for =)

Thanks a bunch.
I will do my best to answer some of your questions, others will fill in I am sure:

1-the prices for dining at the specialty restaurants range from about $10 to $25.00. If you are going on a short cruise and money is an issue I would suggest you enjoy what is free. There will be other times, longer cruises where you will want to experiment.

2-can't remember the spa charges, they are high, but what the heck, one treatment. So what...

3-room service is limited, mostly fast food, but it is free. As you mentioned you will want to tip the person who delivers it a couple of bucks.

4-I don't know about the waiver, yes, you can get one, but if they are not with her I am not sure how that works. Of course she still will only be allowed to drink beer and wine.

5-I beleive beer is about $5.00 a bottle or you can get a helment which is 6 bottle for somewhere around $20.00. I am sure someone will be able to give you an exact answer..

Have a blast and welcome to the world of cruising

Nita