Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2009, 10:10 PM
Passenger

Default I wish the S/S Norway could of had a better send off.

I sailed on many NCL cruises, I am not here to compare cruise lines or services, each is different and has a nitch of consumers. For us fequent cruisers we all remember the Norway and her yes explosion that sent her on her way to retirement. Her days to compete in todays markets may not have had a place to. I realize the company once had her as there pride and glory flag ship, since her refit as the S/S France. I guess they were milking her cheaper cruises for the cruise lovers that hated to see her demise. The interior was beautiful as any ship I ever sailed on, yes her lower cabins were small and she did not fit the so called FREESYTLE Cruise market. I am not so sure here internal motor works just kept ticking till something happened or she was sold. I am amazed with the lover of her past guests, years of service, the records she held, history and loyal followers, that NCL. could have done more to preserve her or her history/memory. I guess out of eye out of mind. I actually booked another cruise aboard her even after the explosion, thinking as promised she would return after the boilerroom problem. In either case she is gone and only a memory. Except for the many legal problems she left behind for staff and attorneys. Cunard felt it fiting to celebrate the retiirement of the QE2 this past year. I realize the Norway was suppose to take her place in Dubai, in either case one ship survived the scrappers. I just felt NCL was glad to see here get towed away and the history go with it, both good and bad. I continue to sail NCL as well as other lines, but many loyal cruisers sail aboard other lines.
Sponsored Links