Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Bowling at Sea

When I was on the Gem, I was not able to bowl. How many of you have enjoyed bowling onboard?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2009, 10:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

It's been said that in semi rough seas, a person can throw a gutter ball and have it come back out for a strike. In rough seas the lanes are closed. We have watched people bowling on the Pearl and really having a good time.
Old February 14th, 2009, 08:40 PM
Admiral

Is there a long wait for a lane? Do they have plenty of bowling shoes? How many games are you allowed to play before you have to give up the lane?

thanks,

"The test of a first rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function."

F Scott Fitzgerald

Silversea Silver Explorer (23nts) - Kangerlussuaq, Greenland - Nome, Alaska - Aug 14

Seven Seas Voyager (30nts) - Dubai - Cape Town - Nov 14
Old February 14th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Admiral

We bowled on the GEM, we were like ten of us and we had such a hoot of a time. It was just plain fun. Wouldnt do it every day, but once with friends was great.

Lots of shoes, all sizes, we didnt wait, but then we did it in the day on a sea day, we just had fun.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 03:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

I hadn't bowled in about 30 years but my wife and I just did last week on the Pearl.

These are real, regulations bowling lanes with automatic scorers (thank god). They charge $5 per game but it is 2 for 1 on port days. The cost included the shoes and they have plenty of them.

There are four lanes, two on either side of the Bliss Lounge. We did not have to wait for a lane when we went. During the evenings, we noticed that there were quite a few people bowling but not sure how many were waiting. There is a nice seating area on the lanes themselves that is elevated from the lounge floor level and it is easy to observe the games progress on the scoring monitors.

We did not see any problem with the motion of the ship affecting the games but we had a very calm cruise, almost no pitch or roll was felt during the entire cruise.

Bottom line, we had a great time even though my wife beat me 2 games to one.