Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Beginner

Default Norwegian Pearl

Any reviews on Norwegian Pearl in last couple months. Departing March 29 with family would like to know what BA Balcony Rooms are like and overall grade of ship
Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Passenger

Default Pearl

I will be going on the pearl 3/1/09. Got a deal on AC penthouse, I will report back after we return.

jimmy
Old February 15th, 2009, 11:03 AM
Passenger

Default pearl

We are going 3/1/2009 I will post a review after we return.
Old February 15th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Jimbobert56

We had a BB balcony on deck 10 port side just a few cabins down from the BA balcony. I think the only things different in a BA and our BB was location and a few $ more in cost. The cabin was good size and had lots of storage under the bed, the bed was large and very soft, our best sleeping ever on a cruise ship. The couch was a little hard but don't know how it is to sleep on. The balcony has a full glass door with black out curtains on it so not much light gets in, it has a child lock on the door. The deck is good size about 5-6 feet with 2 chairs and a small table. The bathroom was small to my liking, shower has doors and was roomy but the toilet area was small and also had a door, the sink area was between them and was not bad size.

The ship overall:
Was very good and had plenty to do for us.
The kids area seem nice but we do not need it anymore.
Entertainmemt was good.
We felt the food was very good to our taste, the buffet had alot to choose from and easy to get around, main dining room had no lines.
The bingo and photos are alittle high priced but you don't have to buy.
The drinks run 5.50 up to 10.00 + 15%.

The crew was excellent and very helpful and friendly.

Overall the Pearl is a very good ship and you should enjoy yourself, I know we did and we were on her for 19 days.
Old March 2nd, 2009, 03:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

We just got back yesterday from our cruise on the Pearl from 2/22-3/1.
I can't answer your question about the room but we had a wonderful time on this ship and everything went great.

First let me tell you that we have sailed on the Jewel last October and in the past few cruises have been on the Spirit and Star which are in the same class as the Pearl. Overall, we found the Pearl to be the best of the lot.

The food was delicious and there was a great variety. Many people that we spoke to loved the Garden Cafe' (buffet) for dinner. We ate there mostly for breakfast or lunch. We also ate at the specialty restaurants (Cagney's, Mombo's and Lotus Garden). We think that even with the surcharge, the specialty restaurants are a good deal. NCL also offered a 2-for-1 deal at these restaurants on the port days.

The shows were good and we had two comedian shows, the Jean Ann Ryan Dance troupe reviews and 2nd City Improv that were very enjoyable.

There were a fair amount of kids on our cruise and the parents that we spoke to indicated that the kids were having a great time.

I used the pool a lot and also used the climbing wall daily. This was better than I had anticipated.

If you have any specific questions. Please let me know. I brought home all of the "Freestyle Daily" schedules and since many of the events carry-over, I may be able to give you more info.
-Jim
Old March 2nd, 2009, 04:27 PM
Captain

BA cabins are the same as all other balcony cabins. The difference is location.

I loved the pearl put it has been a couple years since I cruised on her.

From NCL.com here is what you can expect to see:

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old March 6th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Passenger

Thanks for all the good info everyone. We are at the airport getting ready to go....I'm so excited....
Old March 9th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Passenger

we just got home from the 3/1/09 Pearl and had a great time. We had a AC room and was worth the extra money. Food was great, we ate at the steak house, chinese and the french. The french was by far the best meal we ever had on a cruise ship. The shows were ok, but the show called shark bait was a blast.

We meet a great group of people and made some friends we will keep in touch with as well as plan future cruise with.

As far a NCL this was my 4th and we will book with them again. Anyone else have a good time??

Jimmy
Old March 10th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Beginner

Sailing on the March 29th as well. Can't wait. Second sailing on the Pearl.