Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Beginner

Default Norwegian Pearl

Can anyone tell me if the Norwegian Pearl charges for bowling and the rock climbing wall?
Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2009, 01:25 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Norwegian Pearl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonialdurgin
Can anyone tell me if the Norwegian Pearl charges for bowling and the rock climbing wall?
I believe the charge for bowling is $5/game (have not sailed Pearl) and there was no charge for the rock climbing wall on our Jewel cruise.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 13th, 2009, 01:51 PM
Beginner

Thanks so much Mike, I appreciate the info.....We are taking our fifth cruise next month and are debating on Norwegian or Carnival. We have never tried the freestyle cruising and thought it would be a change but are concerned about all the hidden charges that people talk about when it comes to freestyle cruising.
Old February 13th, 2009, 05:26 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonialdurgin
Thanks so much Mike, I appreciate the info.....We are taking our fifth cruise next month and are debating on Norwegian or Carnival. We have never tried the freestyle cruising and thought it would be a change but are concerned about all the hidden charges that people talk about when it comes to freestyle cruising.
Just to let you know, NCL has no more hidden costs than any other line: yes, bowling is about $5 or I have been told, yes, there are charges for the specialty dining rooms (lower I may add than other lines) Bingo is over priced, again like most lines, drinks are a little higher than some lines, less than others. Of course there are charges for things like bowling which you already figured out...NCL is one of the few lines that offers free capachino.(spelling) I have never figured out where this comes from , extra charges. If you ask people to explain what is hidden most can't come up with much of anything.

Only you can make the choice as to what is best for you, but if extra charges are your main concern, remember, you do not have to purchase anything or spend money you do not choose to spend. Some will come off the ship with thousands of $$s in charges, other with not one penny except gratuities.

Nita
Old February 13th, 2009, 09:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have yet to find all the hidden costs either, they have things for sale but there wasn't anyone making me buy them. Bingo and Photos are over priced the drinks depend on the kind you order.

The Pearl is a nice ship, go and have a great time you will enjoy her.
Old February 14th, 2009, 03:25 AM
Yeoman

Mike, rock climbing on the Jewel?

Do they have that on the Jewel?
Old March 2nd, 2009, 03:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Just got back from the Pearl.

The bowling was $5 per game but you could bowl for half price on port days. The operator also gave us one free game to boot.

There is no charge for the rock climbing wall. It was busy the first few days but noticibly lacking participation after that. On port days it was empty.

As far as nickel and dimeing the passengers, I expected to pay for bowling but i was upset when we went to the private island and found that they are now charging to rent a snorkeling vest ($5.99). I have been to the island many times before and since the vest is mandatory, they always just provided them for free. Not any more. If you rent the complete snorkeling set it is $29.99. That is way too much for the quality of equipment that they let you use.
Old March 9th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Passenger

I was just on the pearl. We also felt the price on the island was way off base, we went back to the boat and did not pay the extra fees. I also feel the fee for the spa was out of line. We pay extra to stay in a penthouse and if you want to use the spa, steam or use the nice extras you pay 100 extra per week, that should have been included.

We pay extra for the meals but we like the food so we feel its worth it. The photos are way over priced, but they are something the wife always wants so I pay.

All in all its no more or less the other ships and I dont let it change me having a great time.

jimmy