Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2009, 04:49 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to jdolphins68
Default March 21, Norwegian Majesty

Alright I have 4 weeks until I cruise I am so excited I cannot even stand it. If I had it my way I would be sitting at the port tomorrow waiting on my ship to come in.

Wanna know if anyone else is coming along. This is our 20th wedding anniversary and we need help celebrating. Well some of that we can do ourselves.

So what do I pack and what should I bring, we ended up with a ocean view room. On the bottom deck which is fine. How do we tell them we want a double bed not two singles? Also, how do we tell them its our Anniversary?

Any recommendations for things to do at the ports?

How much money should we bring and how can I prepay our gratuities?

Thanks,
Jackie

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2009, 10:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

We have just asked the room stewart and they have aranged the beds the way we wanted on our cruises, no problem they were happy to do it.

Check into the Anniversary package they offer, don't know what it costs now we did it back in 2002 and it wasn't bad price for what we got.
Old February 21st, 2009, 11:05 AM
Passenger

hi jackie, I'm certainly no expert as this is our first cruise but I'm excited as you and have studied a lot. We are going on the Pearl on the 8th of March. Our travel agent at travelocity asked us if it was a special occasion, and did something on her end that she said entitles us to a special anniversary cake the 2nd night on the pearl--she said we would get a coupon (I assume when we board).

There are all sorts of cruise packing lists available online just google. You may wish to bring a case of bottled water. I've read a lot of people do. You can't bring alcohol unless you are willing to pay corkage charges. I've read recommendations of bringing $100/day, but we decided to bring about half that as we are conservative spenders.

I'm not aware of your ships itenerary as far as shore excursions go but we personally love to snorkel every chance we get. Plan to take some water.

Enjoy your trip and congratulaltions!