Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 23rd, 2009, 09:37 PM
Beginner

Default Norwegian Spirit Booked on Deck 6 - your thoughts

We have just booked a cruise to Bermuda on NCL Spirit...After reviewing the deck plans, we chose rooms 6567 and 6067...well, right after booking I decided to read the posts to see how folks felt about this location...YIKES!!! Sounds like I may have made a mistake. There is a post on this site that says, stay away from 6067...He mentioned that it is very noisy as it is under a restaurant. I thought that these rooms looked to be a little larger than the others as they were in a side hall...
Does anyone have any experience with this area? If so, would you suggest that we upgrade and move to a floor above to 7,8 or 9? We are trying to keep our cost down and are in a cat kk. The cat k was same price, should we move down to 5? Or up to deck 8?
Any help would be appreciated...I am concerned and want to call to make changes as soon as possible...hoping they will allow the change.
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Admiral

I cannot comment on this specific room on the Spirit, but can say I feel strongly that unless you are a very sound sleeper, avoid rooms in high traffic areas. We had a room right beneath the central corridor area of the buffet and it was very loud. I have a video tape I was taking of the kids and it sounded like a roller coaster was overhead every time they rolled a trolley full of plates through that area, which they did numerous times throughout the wee hours of the night and morning. A side note, at that time they did not sell ear plugs in the gift shop, and it took intense interrogation to discover they had a secret stash of earplugs at the reception desk. So play it safe and bring your own regardless where you end up. If you are choosing an inside cabin, I would definitely not bother upgrading to a higher category Inside, but would find a lower inside cabin with cabins above, to decrease the noise factor. The insides are quite small on the Spirit regardless the category so I wouldn't waste money upgrading, since the view doesn't change.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 25th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Passenger

Rooms #6535 and #6035 are very big and surprisingly not noisey with the stairs there.
Old February 25th, 2009, 06:36 PM
Beginner

Thank you both for your comments...appreciate....just one clarification...our rooms are not 6035 and 6535...ours are 6567 and 6067...they look bigger in the deck diagram...