Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Beginner

Default 11 night translantic -norwegian jewel

8) i,m going 11 nights transatlantic cruise on norwegian jewel from miami we are stopping in portugal 1 day and spain another day final destination dover england ,does any one know if they have laundry we can wash our own clothes on this ship, and is it true they have coffee makers i have a balcony cabin, also do we need visas for these countrys ,
2 are american citizens and one of us uk passport and green card holder for permanant residence of usa ,they are all european countrys what do you think
Sponsored Links
Old March 13th, 2009, 12:20 AM
Captain

No visa needed. My understanding the have closed the public laundry rooms on the jewel. The will have a couple of laundry specials - all you can stuff in a bag for $20-$25.

The laundries used to be located midship, starboard, inside, decks 5, 9, 10

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old March 17th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Beginner

I'm on this cruise too
Old March 17th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Beginner

hello ,thats nice ,the transatlantic seems like a nice cruise, we are looking forward to it , i hope its going to be nice weather, i have been on a lot of cruises,but never free style dining sounds nice to me ,i always liked to eat when i feel like anyway, where are you coming from do you live in florida ,we live in florida on sw coast, we are renting a car to drive over there, i think by the revues the norwegian jewel look like a nice ship ,except some one told me they closed the laundry room down , i,m surprised at that as the ship is not that old , look forward hearing from you , my name is patricia 8) ps keep in touch
Old March 18th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: 11 night translantic -Norwegian jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by timm90
8) i,m going 11 nights transatlantic cruise on Norwegian jewel from Miami we are stopping in Portugal 1 day and Spain another day final destination dover england ,does any one know if they have laundry we can wash our own clothes on this ship, and is it true they have coffee makers i have a balcony cabin, also do we need visas for these countries ,
2 are American citizens and one of us UK passport and green card holder for permanent residence of USA ,they are all European countries what do you think
timm,

I envious. I have been watching this cruise and the deals were fantastic but could not find anyone to cruise with. My wife can't get the time off.

Sadly, as Shoreguy stated, the laundrettes are now gone. On my last two extended cruises on NCL (May '08 and Jan/Feb '09) they had a number of "fill the bag" specials where you filled the bag with clothing for $15. There was also a pressing special at the beginning of my last cruise.

I am not sure if there are coffee makers in the Cat BX cabins. There are coffee makers in the AG-AF cabins.

No one in your group will need a visa in Spain, Portugal or England.

Have a wonderful and relaxing cruise.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old March 18th, 2009, 07:23 PM
Beginner

Default Re: 11 night translantic -Norwegian jewel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike M
Quote:
Originally Posted by timm90
8) i,m going 11 nights transatlantic cruise on Norwegian jewel from Miami we are stopping in Portugal 1 day and Spain another day final destination dover england ,does any one know if they have laundry we can wash our own clothes on this ship, and is it true they have coffee makers i have a balcony cabin, also do we need visas for these countries ,
2 are American citizens and one of us UK passport and green card holder for permanent residence of USA ,they are all European countries what do you think
timm,

I envious. I have been watching this cruise and the deals were fantastic but could not find anyone to cruise with. My wife can't get the time off.

Sadly, as Shoreguy stated, the laundrettes are now gone. On my last two extended cruises on NCL (May '08 and Jan/Feb '09) they had a number of "fill the bag" specials where you filled the bag with clothing for $15. There was also a pressing special at the beginning of my last cruise.

I am not sure if there are coffee makers in the Cat BX cabins. There are coffee makers in the AG-AF cabins.

No one in your group will need a visa in Spain, Portugal or England.

Have a wonderful and relaxing cruise.
Mike
thanks for all the info mike, that helps me a lot why did they get rid of the laundry on board ,was there a reason for it i have been on a lot of cruises but its such a convience ,on such a long cruise oh well no sense in making a big deal out of it , i,m jut happy i,m going i just love cruises ,thanks again for your help
Old March 19th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Beginner

Hello All, We two are head across the big blue for 11 days. Looking forward to the sky at night way out in the middle of the ocean. (Hope they have a good star gazing spot),

Laundry ???
One solution

YOUR ON VACATION... WEAR IT TWICE.

ARE THERE DVD players IN THE ROOMS ?
Old March 19th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIP

Only if you are in a penthouse.

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old March 20th, 2009, 05:23 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PIP
Hello All, We two are head across the big blue for 11 days. Looking forward to the sky at night way out in the middle of the ocean. (Hope they have a good star gazing spot),

Laundry ???
One solution

YOUR ON VACATION... WEAR IT TWICE.

hello i have never done the transatlantic cruise yet , its sounds like we are going on a nice ship, we have a balcony so that would be enjoyable ,
i just love cruises have you been on this ship before its got great revues
Old March 22nd, 2009, 01:09 AM
Beginner

I have been told that there are four laundry facilities on the Jewel that do not appear on the deck plans. They are across from rooms: 5072, 9088, 10081, 11062. I was also told that irons are also available.

OOps....more recent cruisere have said no dice on the laundry. Sorry!

Cannot assist with paperwork for your Non-US traveler but I would suggest carrying your passport at all times while overseas. Just a good, practical measure just in case.
Old April 2nd, 2009, 01:46 PM
Familiar Face

Default NCL Jewel to Europe 4/17/09 $300

I'll be on the same ship.

No, U.S. citizens do not need visas to these countries, I do not know about the requirements for U.K. citizens (I though doubt that anytihing is needed since these countries are part of the EU community.)

Laundry service, expensive but a good traveling option, is available on all curise ships (no self-service though).

I've booked an inside cabin and am still looking for another passenger to share the cost of the cruise (cabin) in case you got anyone interested in splitting. I practically spend no time inside the cabin.

See you on board soon,

Gabor