Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2009, 02:14 AM
Beginner

Default April 17th Jewel Transatlantic Crossing

My wife and I are on this cruise and I have just joined in order to find information on transfers out of Dover to London. I have read the website about buses and trains to London but also read that NCL can assist from on board. Anyone with information please let me know.

Also, if anyone is going on the cruise it would be interesting to chat prior to leaving.
Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2009, 12:55 AM
Passenger

You can purchase a transfer directly from NCL from the ship to either Gatwich or Heathbro. The price is approximately $80 per person.
Old March 24th, 2009, 02:08 AM
Beginner

Ilcapo,

Thanks for the information. WOW I got a bargain. I just booked two bus tickets from Dover to Victoria Station for 10.50 sterling. The bus takes about 20 minutes longer than the train but the driver should offer something to look at.

Thanks again for the information.
Old March 24th, 2009, 06:27 PM
Beginner

Default 11 day tranatlantic

we we going on this 11 day cruise ,we are first time free styling so it should be nice, we are getting a taxi which will be waiting at the dover port to heathrow as we need to get the plane that same day ,there are three of us going so we split the taxi 3 ways which is cheaper cost us 155.00 between the three of us its a convience ,hate to miss my plane,
do you now if there is a formal night on this ship all the other cruises i went on had formal night ,but how is it with the free styling cruise, and what do you think the weather is like in april going over the atlantic ocean . its nice to contact some people who are going on the same cruise stay in touch 8)
Old March 25th, 2009, 02:40 AM
Beginner

My understanding is that there are two formal nights. But, I have read frequently that they are not very formal due to the freestyle cruising.

My wife and I have done Royal Carribean and a transatlantic Disney cruise but this is our first with NCL.

Look forward to possibly meeting you. Are you from the states? We are originally from St. Augustine but live in Toledo.
Old March 25th, 2009, 03:06 AM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojam
My understanding is that there are two formal nights. But, I have read frequently that they are not very formal due to the freestyle cruising.

My wife and I have done Royal Carribean and a transatlantic Disney cruise but this is our first with NCL.

Look forward to possibly meeting you. Are you from the states? We are originally from St. Augustine but live in Toledo.
ok thats good to know about the formal nights , we live in florida sw coast and driving a car to miami, it takes about 3 hours to get there we have been on carnival and the royal carribean brilliance of the seas nice ship but carnival i love, fun ship, we love cruises ,cruise around the world is a goal we have, too expensive but a dollar and a dream is nice haha
this is also our first with ncl i think the cabins are a little smaller than the other ships we went on, st augustine beautiful place in florida , well keep in touch nice responding and thanks for the info, i did notice there are quite a few places you go to to eat you have to pay for about5-6 of them
does not leave much choice for the rest italian, pay for chinese pay for,french pay for, asian food pay for,cagneys steak house pay for, geee
whats left buffet free and dining room free hope the offer more choices ,i like to get my moneys worth talk soon happy cruising 8)