Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 8th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Captain

Default Booking with WorldPoints - pleasant discovery

I have found a delightful lie in the WorldPoint literature (imagine that)

The WP literature I printed out from their website says to redeem your points for a cruise you must call their redemption center to book you cruise.

I was ready to book so I called them and asked if this was the absolute truth and they said, of course, you cannot book any other way. Hmmm,

I says to myself, "self, why would NCL screw their own personal planners outa' their commission?", so I called the lovely Vicky Evans, personal planner extroidenaire and asked her.

She (who has been better versed than anyone else I have spoken to at NCL in years) said "WHAT??!! I don't think so! So she calls the guru to the program who says "not so fast WP".

So here's the REAL story. You can book with NCL (I did not ask about other agencies, thought that would be a bit rude) as always. The only change will be if you need to make changes to your booking later on or have payment questions you will speak to the WP redemption desk AT NCL. This will be a security measure as there will be no more paper certificates - your account will be accessed by the redemption rep and electronically transferred to your cruise invoice. Hurray for not having to mail and track certs. anymore.

I was really pleased with this because when I spoke with the WP center the rep seemed to have very little knowledge about cruising. I could have been talking to the WalMart stockboy just as easily. And I just hate that BoA was going to force us to use a particular agency - that they would profit from. My experience from the Carnival program years ago was that they never had very competative prices so what they "gave" you in points they took away in overpricing.

Hope this helps someone.