Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2009, 10:29 PM
Beginner

Default NCL Pride Of America 11th Floor Cabin -Good or Bad ?

Hello Everyone,
We have booked a cabin on the 11th floor on NCL Pride Of America and We wondered if it is going to be comfortable ? We noticed that We are close to the swimming area and wanted to know if it would be bothersome ? Any comments out there ?
Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2009, 10:59 PM
Familiar Face

We are the 11th deck also.. When are you going, we will be on the July 18,2009 in Hawaii..Please let me know when you are going and if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,
Tena
Old June 22nd, 2009, 11:19 PM
Beginner

Default Reply to your post

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie2
We are the 11th deck also.. When are you going, we will be on the July 18,2009 in Hawaii..Please let me know when you are going and if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,
Tena

Hi , My countdown is not right and I do not know how to fix it !
We have reserved a cabin on #11044 on deck 11 Pride Of America . We are due to ship out on July the 25th , 2009 . You get to go before we do !
I was concerned because of the Bar and Grill being on deck 12 and the swimming pool on deck 11 . I was wondering what time do they close the Bar and Grill and the Swimming pool ?
Old June 24th, 2009, 01:29 AM
Familiar Face

I am not sure what time they close but I am afraid both decks will be noisy but I like not having to go up and down the stairs..

Do you know if you can order alcohol for your cabin before the cruise? Some people say yes some say no, so I am confused.

Where are you from, we are from Mississippi and we have a 9hr flight.
Old June 24th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Beginner

Quote:
I am not sure what time they close but I am afraid both decks will be noisy but I like not having to go up and down the stairs..

Do you know if you can order alcohol for your cabin before the cruise? Some people say yes some say no, so I am confused.

I beleive that you can order alcohol for your cabin before the cruise , I
ordered the romantic/honeymoon package for our cabin since we are celebrating our 25th anniversary and it includes a bottle of sparkling wine and strawberries upon embarkation, canapes' delivered to stateroom, Honeymooner 's Champagne and Cake party, Honeymoon photo, and a Romantic dinner for 2 at Bistro with a bottle of wine . All for $79.00 .You can go on to ncl.com and sign in to your ncl and when you see the words "Onboard activites and events " click on to those words and drop down to " Bon Voyage Gifts " you click on to that and you should see what they offer to your preferences .
We are from Indiana and we are flying non stop from Chicago - 8-9 hours flight yikes!
Old June 24th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to BigE11378
Default Re: NCL Pride Of America 11th Floor Cabin -Good or Bad ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dittmers
Hello Everyone,
We have booked a cabin on the 11th floor on NCL Pride Of America and We wondered if it is going to be comfortable ? We noticed that We are close to the swimming area and wanted to know if it would be bothersome ? Any comments out there ?
you might get some noise/creaking but it will be ok enjoy we LOVED it and go back in September!
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old June 28th, 2009, 10:36 PM
Familiar Face

Dittmers we have so much in common, we are on the cruise 1 week before you and we also are celebrating our 25th wedding anniv., I also ordered the Honeymoon package (79.00). NCL told us we could not purchase alcohol in advance, so I contacted our Travel Agent and someone from NCL is suppose to be calling me back this week about this.

We are from Mississippi and we have a 9hr flight from Houston, I hope our flight goes well. Let me know if you hear anything else about the cruise.

Have you ever been on cruise critic website they have alot of good information about the cruise.

Do you know of any more sites that I can go on.

Thanks,
Old June 28th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Captain

Quote:

ok first email to Shipcoordinatorprideofamerica@com
I may be incorrect on the email but for the spirit it is Shipcoordinatorspirit@com and for the star it is Shipcoordinatorstar@com
it stands to reason that they would continie the same way. we are on her in September (we honeymooned on her Oct of 2005 and loved it). we were on deck 10 and heard some noise but not enough to bother us. enjoy and leave some fun for us. by the way the hilton hawaiin village on Oahu is the best for a pre or pst stay. we are out of NJ and have a non stop flight 9 hours on continental
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old June 28th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Captain

Quote:
Dittmers we have so much in common, we are on the cruise 1 week before you and we also are celebrating our 25th wedding anniv., I also ordered the Honeymoon package (79.00). NCL told us we could not purchase alcohol in advance, so I contacted our Travel Agent and someone from NCL is suppose to be calling me back this week about this.

We are from Mississippi and we have a 9hr flight from Houston, I hope our flight goes well. Let me know if you hear anything else about the cruise.

Have you ever been on cruise critic website they have alot of good information about the cruise.

Thanks,
email them to the email address i posted earlier and ask about bar set ups i think i have a price list somewhere
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old July 1st, 2009, 10:03 AM
Beginner

Hi Willie2, We are on the 10th deck .. When are you going, we will be on the July 18,2009 in Hawaii.(ncl.cruise) Have you ever been on cruise critic website they have alot of good information about the cruise.
Old July 4th, 2009, 10:12 PM
Beginner

Default Reply to Willie2

Quote:

Thanks,

Hi Willie2, sorry that I have not replied sooner ... I have been on cruiser critic alot and have not checked in this website much . I believe you can "google" your search for a different cruises websites there .
I also believe you should be able to order or" set up a bar" in your room with a hefty prices I think I have been reading about that topic over at cruises critic .
Gosh ! Yes ! Is that funny ? We are so much in common and here we are .. too bad that we are not on the same cruise dates - it would be nice if we went at the same time and meet ! Oh well .. Happy 25th Anniversary to you ! Hope its smooth sailing for you and alots of fiecre Lave flows on your trip !
Yep ! We also both got a very long flights ahead of us ! Sigh.. That has to be the worst part of the trip .. a very long flights !
Old July 4th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Beginner

Default Re: NCL Pride Of America 11th Floor Cabin -Good or Bad ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE11378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dittmers
Hello Everyone,
you might get some noise/creaking but it will be ok enjoy we LOVED it and go back in September!
Thanks for your reply ! Now you have me thinking positive ... With the day to day activities ... we should be too dog tired to notice the noises !