Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2009, 05:52 PM
Beginner

Default First-time cruiser with some questions re: Pride of America

Hello! I am so excited to be taking my first cruise this summer, and my first ever trip to Hawaii. I have some questions regarding our room. We have booked a balcony room. It's on the 8th floor, stateroom 8648. I believe it's above a lifeboat down on the 7th deck, from looking at the maps of the ship. I know it's considered an unobstructed view, but will the lifeboat sticking out be in our field of view while sitting on the balcony? Will it be really noticeable? I never even considered that when booking a room. It wasn't until I read a reply to a question someone asked on the Norwegian site (they now have a Q&A up over there, which I think is neat), that I thought about the lifeboats. I am wondering if I should try to upgrade or switch to a different section of another deck where there is no lifeboat underneath. Have lifeboats on the POA been a problem for anyone on here with a balcony? And do you get a better view, then, the higher you go on the ship regarding that same thing? Are the sizes for balcony rooms any different at all deck to deck on that ship? I am really not sure why the higher decks tend to cost a bit more than the lower ones...

Also, someone mentioned something on here once about taking something along to hold open the balcony door. What is best for that? I'd love to have the door open some at night.

One more question... We are going to be taking a tour through Norwegian the day we disembark. Do they make sure those with early tours can disembark sooner? I have heard they give everyone a color and call the colors when it's time to leave.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2009, 09:02 PM
Captain

Looking at the deck plans you should be fine. The obstructed view cabins are on deck 7. None of the cabins on 8 are obstructed.

The door should lock part open all by itself.

You will have a meeting place for your tour on the ticket that will be in your cabin when you board and have no problem getting off the ship.

Enjoy HI just a remarkable place.

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old May 9th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Beginner

Thanks, shoreguy!! I just booked some excursions today. It should be a lot of fun!! I can't wait to see the beauty scenery over there!!
Old May 17th, 2009, 02:38 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to BigE11378

say hi to HI for us! We were in cabin 10520 and loved it. we go back next year. the door will stay open but could slide closed if it gets rocky. use a chair in it if you need to. bring a fabric dollar store over the door organizer for the bathroom. you can rent cars in every port if you want and it is nice to do so. we stayed a week before the cruise, but i recomend at least 1 day pre stay to acclimate to the time change.
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old May 23rd, 2009, 05:36 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the tips! I will look for something to hang over the bathroom door, that's a great idea. It's neat you are going back there. I am sure I'd love to go back again someday too after this trip. This will get us a great overview of the islands. I'll be sure to say hi to all 4 of them for you! . Only two more weeks!!