Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 13th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Yeoman

Default Onboard credit

We booked our next cruise during NCLs "Pocket Money Weeks" and that means that we shall get a $150 onboard credit. Does anyone know if that will be automatically registered to our onboard account or if we have to tell them that we want it?
Old May 22nd, 2009, 06:12 PM
Beginner

If it is the same as in cabin credit then the credit will be listed on your invoice the first day you are on board. Check to make sure you get the full $150. I only got $75 and the agent and NCL are blaming each other for the difference. I felt cheated.

Long
Old May 22nd, 2009, 07:45 PM
First Mate

When ever i got an obc it was always posted, and i didn't have to do anything. It was always there at the end of the cruise.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 11:00 AM
Admiral

you should have it on your account automatically. There will probably be a letter in your cabin. If you are nervous about receiving it, I would suggest you talk to the receptionist the first or second day.

Nita
Old May 30th, 2009, 04:01 AM
Yeoman

We didn't got the credit at all!

Our concierge did try to help us getting it but couldn't. I don't really know yet why but it had to do with that we booked on NCL Europes website but the booking was made by NCL in England.

Since I came home only a few hours ago I haven't read the fineprints yet but I will take care of it soon and hopefully I will get the credit on my next cruise instead!
Old May 30th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Beginner

Erik:

I have submitted my complaint with written proof against the travel agent and NCL to the local consumers affairs and the state of florida and requested them to investigate this consumers abuse pattern. I am pursuing the matter with American Express as well. When they settle legal retribution shall follow.

The disappointment is not about money but the abuse damages the vacationers spirit on their vacation. When we are not happy we cannot spend money being in distress. I booked NCL for several people and when it happened I felt responsible for the unhapiness of my group.

We do not need the credit to live, but NC'sL irresponsibilioty (that they cannot do anything to correct the error or have their agent sovle it) dealt us the unjustice. Yet they said they wanted us to have a fabulous time with them. Yes, we are fabulously disappointed.

Long
Old May 30th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Captain

Not the first time this has happened. Perhaps when they did the booking they forgot to add the booking code for the obc. I learned my lesson and make sure my invoice is clear about the obc.

My Dawn cruise for august has the following in bold print and I will be bringing a copy with me.

$450.00 ON-BOARD CREDIT PER STATEROOM INCLUDED

and has both promo codes

PROMO CODES: TAWLCN,
DMPP6

I will PM you and email address you can start with to resolve the problem.

Make sure that you include your booking number so they can do the research.

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old May 31st, 2009, 11:03 AM
Yeoman

I have now looked at the mail I got from NCL January 6 about their "Pocket Money Weeks" and there is no fineprints that can exclude my booking from the OBC.

I will take care of this and I'm very sure that I will get the OBC on my next cruise!
Old May 31st, 2009, 11:27 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikhag
I have now looked at the mail I got from NCL January 6 about their "Pocket Money Weeks" and there is no fineprints that can exclude my booking from the OBC.

I will take care of this and I'm very sure that I will get the OBC on my next cruise!
I am sure you will. I always remember what Colin Vietch the past CEO wrote in his first email response to me: "Those that take a reasonable approach have a far better chance of a positive outcome."

Those that rant and first thing they write is "I will never cruise your line again" are fighting an up hill battle.

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old June 1st, 2009, 07:25 AM
Yeoman

I will write the e-mail right now and a will defenitely have a reasonable approach. I still love NCL but of course I shouldn't mind to get that $150 on my next cruise!
Old June 2nd, 2009, 08:44 AM
Admiral

It is frustrating and annoying to run into this problem repeatedly with NCL. Those who are savvy and seasoned will carefully ensure they have all of their documentation in order, so they can resolve these matters onboard. Be certain that your invoice details what you are entitled to and take it with you. This is a game they play, you can win if you are prepared to beat them at their own game.

I have several hundreds of dollars in OBC on our Oct. Jewel cruise. I will have my account in order before I leave the ship. They run these promos to entice customers to book, to renege on the deal once they have you on board is wrong.

Read and post cruise reviews