Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 3rd, 2009, 12:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default NCL gives discount for union members

When I booked a cruise on the Sky my TA saw on the web site something about a discount for union members. She called NCL and was told yes there is a discount. During my registration on the ship I will have to show them my union card. I forgot what the discount amount was, but any discount is a good one.
10-2004 Majesty Of The Seas- Bahamas
10-2006 Majesty Of The Seas- Bahamas
12-2006 Enchantment Of The Seas- Western Carib.
05-2008 Monarch Of The Seas- Baja Mexico
09-2009 NCL Sky- Bahamas
03-2010 Celebrity Century- Western Carib.
10-2010 Majesty Of The Seas- Bahamas
10-2010 Liberty Of The Seas- Coco Cay
11-2010 Freedom Of The Seas- Labadee, Haiti
11-2010 Monarch Of The Seas- Bahamas
Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2009, 12:42 PM
Admiral

Yes NCL does offer Union Discounts. You can save as much as 30% off the Hawaii sailings. It is great! Here's more info:
http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cm...geId=UnionPlus
http://www.unionplus.org/norwegian-c...ines-discounts

This saved us a lot on our October Jewel sailing, offering us a 20% discount.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 3rd, 2009, 01:12 PM
Captain

Offer Details
Union Plus and Norwegian Cruise Line are pleased to offer exclusive money-saving benefits for union members. Come aboard and discover the freedom and flexibility of NCL's Freestyle Cruising® and enjoy special discounts exclusively for union members.

5% discount off most published fares*.
Special offers on select sailings with savings up to 30%.
* This discount is combinable with most other discounts

Click here to find information on all of our ships.

For more information call
1-866-867-0593
or contact your local travel professional and remind them you are
eligible for the union member discounts.

*Union Program is available to active or retired Union members in the same stateroom ONLY.

*Rates include NCF. Gov't Fees & Taxes are additional.

*Union Members discount is only applicable to cruise fare (excludes Non-Commissionable Fare portion).

Discount is for Union Members and their families booked in the same stateroom; this fleet-wide promotion available throughout the year. Discount applies to a first and second guest in a stateroom. Single guest paying 200% of the rate is eligible. Proof of Union Membership needs to be provided at time of booking and at the pier on embarkation day. Offer applies to new individual bookings. Guests, who cancel and rebook, must accept this promotion's Terms and Conditions. Government taxes and fees are additional. On-board services charges are additional and will be automatically added to your on-board account. Standard air add-ons are available. IMPORTANT NOTICE: Effective immediately, NCL is suspending the company's fuel supplement for all voyages departing in 2009. The Company reserves the right to re-instate the fuel supplement for all guests should the price of light sweet crude oil according to the NYMEX (New York Mercantile Exchange Index) increase above $65 per barrel Ask your travel agent or go to www.ncl.com for further information. Offers are based on availability, are capacity controlled, and combinability with other offers is subject to change or cancellation at any time per NCL discretion. Other restrictions may apply. ©2009 NCL Corporation, Ltd., Ships' Registry: Bahamas.

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old June 3rd, 2009, 08:17 PM
Passenger

Default union rate

just off the dawn, got the union rate and was told to bring my union card but they never asked for it.
Old June 3rd, 2009, 09:50 PM
Admiral

Default Re: union rate

Quote:
Originally Posted by genmech1
just off the dawn, got the union rate and was told to bring my union card but they never asked for it.
That is just like most discounts, they normally never ask for proof, but the one time you don't have it is the time they will ask..

Nita
Old June 19th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to wnckevin
Default NCL gives discount for union members

My wife and I just got back from NCL Sky. I was also never asked for any proof of my uion membership, but had my card nonetheless.
Old June 19th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to BigE11378
Default Re: NCL gives discount for union members

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnckevin
My wife and I just got back from NCL Sky. I was also never asked for any proof of my uion membership, but had my card nonetheless.
How did you like the Sky we leave July 3rd on her.
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old June 19th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to wnckevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE11378
Quote:
Well, let me see. I don't want to seem too negative, but...

The food was just average, in my opinion, but, to be honest, we haven't cruised in several years, and (1) were not aware of the common occurance (on more cruise lines than just NCL ) of "speciality restaurants", and (2) we did not pay extra and eat in any on those 3 resaurants. That being said, I repeat my earlier statement, the food was merely average.

Only one other complaint, and that was the persistent sewage odor around the aft elevator bank and lobby. This was the only place we noticed it and others were overheard to say the same thing, so it wasn't just me. When I mentioned this to a crew member, they wer non-commital, and just told us that they would investigate. The smell never left the area over the 4 days.

Positively, the cabin steward was wonderful, and the other crew members were very good. The cabin was very nice, altho I see that this ship is not rated very high in that category by others on this site, some of whom have much wider experience cruising than we do. So?????

Hope I helped, and didn't say something that makes you dread your weekend. Have fun.
Old June 20th, 2009, 07:44 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE11378
Quote:
Well, let me see. I don't want to seem too negative, but...

The food was just average, in my opinion, but, to be honest, we haven't cruised in several years, and (1) were not aware of the common occurance (on more cruise lines than just NCL ) of "speciality restaurants", and (2) we did not pay extra and eat in any on those 3 resaurants. That being said, I repeat my earlier statement, the food was merely average.

Only one other complaint, and that was the persistent sewage odor around the aft elevator bank and lobby. This was the only place we noticed it and others were overheard to say the same thing, so it wasn't just me. When I mentioned this to a crew member, they wer non-commital, and just told us that they would investigate. The smell never left the area over the 4 days.

Positively, the cabin steward was wonderful, and the other crew members were very good. The cabin was very nice, altho I see that this ship is not rated very high in that category by others on this site, some of whom have much wider experience cruising than we do. So?????

Hope I helped, and didn't say something that makes you dread your weekend. Have fun.
your comments were objective and honest. As for the food, you are right, food quality has gone down on all lines. In fact NCLs is better than it was a year or so ago. The trend toward the specialty dining rooms has been around now for several years. NCL was the fiirst I think, but all have now added at least a couple of them. I think we have to remember what we are paying for cruising now compared to 10 or 20 years ago: about the same and everything has gone up. Someplace the cruiselines have to cut..

Nita