Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 5th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Beginner

Default family cruise

we are sailing Dawn June 21 with 7 grands and parents.

ages 2,4,9,11 .

how's the kids program foe 9-11 year olds.
Sponsored Links
Old June 11th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Passenger

Default kids on boat

We where just on the Dawn in May with my 5 kids. The 7 and 3 year old loved the kids program. They did not want to leave the place. They keep the kids so busy. They loved it so much that they where sad it was closed on port days. We got the kids the back pac that comes with a NCL back pac, hat, shirt and the soda program well worth the price. The kids program is a free service but we gave a tip just for them at the end.
Old June 12th, 2009, 12:02 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: kids on boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by genmech1
We where just on the Dawn in May with my 5 kids. The 7 and 3 year old loved the kids program. They did not want to leave the place. They keep the kids so busy. They loved it so much that they where sad it was closed on port days. We got the kids the back pac that comes with a NCL back pac, hat, shirt and the soda program well worth the price. The kids program is a free service but we gave a tip just for them at the end.
Did you have be in the kids program in order to get the back packs.
Old June 12th, 2009, 06:31 PM
Admiral

I think you can order the back packs prior to sailing, but you might be too late now. That being said, I have rarely heard a complaint about the NCL kids program. I did read a complaint from a mom once, she didn't think they offer enough stimulating experiences for her son. She did add her son loved it, but thought he probably didn't know what was good or bad. It made me laugh and cry at the same time. I will say, I have never had a client complain.

Nita
Old June 13th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Cruise Maniac

Nita

We will be taking our 10 & 11 year old grandchildren on this cruise with us, first timers for them. I too have only heard one bad report and it wasn't believable and she has not been back. From what I have seen on our other NCL cruises their kids programs are really good. I will give NCL a call about the back packs.
Thanks
Drew
Old June 17th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Beginner

drew

are your grandcildren girls.. ?
Old June 17th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentnail
Nita

We will be taking our 10 & 11 year old grandchildren on this cruise with us, first timers for them. I too have only heard one bad report and it wasn't believable and she has not been back. From what I have seen on our other NCL cruises their kids programs are really good. I will give NCL a call about the back packs.
Thanks
Drew
I am sure the kids will have a great time, with or without back packs, but I do think for that age, you should check into ordering them prior to sailing.

Nita
Old June 17th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentnail
Nita

Thanks
Drew
I am sure the kids will have a great time, with or without back packs, but I do think for that age, you should check into ordering them prior to sailing.

Nita
Nita

We just did about an hour ago (6:20 pm Seattle time) called NCL they transfered us to the right person and in about 10 min we had the back packs ordered and they will be waiting for them in the room. Thanks for your help.

leo1944

The 10 year old is a boy and the 11 year old is a girl. Any subjections on things for them to do.