Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 10th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Beginner

Default NCL Spirit - Feb. 14, 2010 from NOLA

We are sailing on the NCL Spirit from New Orleans on Feb. 14, 2010, and are booked in cabin 10082. Can anyone give info on the cabin? Can't wait to meet everyone - Mardi Gras falls during this cruise, so it should be lots of fun!
Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Captain

We sailed the Spirit in March and had such an enjoyable cruise.
We were in 10080, so I can tell you the cabin is fine.
As a Louisianian you will enjoy the sail down the Mississippi, if you've never done it. I was raised in N.O. (now live in Alex/Pineville) so I always enjoy seeing those levee towns and wondering how the devil people live there. Unfortunately it willl be dark by the time you hit the gulf (I've always wanted to see it in daylight) but you will be able to see the rigs that look like Christmas trees lighting you way through the night.
On the flip side, coming how you'll do a big sigh when you see the first "tree" because you'll know that you're almost home and the cruise is over.

It's always nice to escape Mardi Gras, if you've lived through enough of them, just be prepared to for possible street closures and delays as you make your way to the pier. Several posters have almost missed the ship as they drove in to a parade route and weren't familiar with the city.

We are going to do the Spirit again next spring but probably in early March - miss Mardi Gras and Spring Break is my plan

If you have any questions pm me and i'll try to help

Enjoy!
MB
Old June 14th, 2009, 12:53 PM
Beginner

Thanks for the info! My husband and I are both natives of N.O., and have lived in the area most of our lives. Right now we are about 25 miles west, in the River Parishes. We've been on quite a few cruises, most of them out of New Orleans, so we're used to cruzin' down the River. Likewise, with Mardi Gras. Been there, done that. But Feb. 14 is our 41st wedding anniversary, so we're going to celebrate. Thanks again for the cabin recommendation. One question, do you know what decks the glass elevators access? I'm a little skittish about elevators, so we usually use the stairs, but I do the glass elevators whenever I can![/img]
Old June 14th, 2009, 10:45 PM
Captain

Boy, don't I feel dumb - didn't look at your hometown.
I see you are a Commodore veteran. We had 5 cruises on
Commodore and had so much fun on her. Best foodd I've ever
had on a cruise. My husband and I still talk about our room steward.

I don't remember much about the elevators because we always take the stairs - I'm convinced I can have two deserts every night because of all those calories I've worked off

I think if you look closely at the deck plans you can tell where the glass elevators stop and start.

My husband and I have the same birthday - near your anniversary, so we frequently cruise that week too. Happy anniversary - what an a testimony to have such an enduring marriage.