Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 19th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to ludiandrade
Default Turkey and Egypt Visas on NCL JADE

I am sailing the Jade on October 21 departing from Athens cruising to Egypt and disembarking in Turkey. Does anyone have any info on obtaining the Turkish and Egyptian visas? Are they needed before sailing or can they be obtained upon arrival to the Egyption and Turkish ports? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Beginner

phone ncl,its toll free.
Old June 20th, 2009, 04:10 PM
Beginner

Thank you for your logical response johncook, but I have contacted NCL. They transferred me to a deparment that appears to not know anything. Not one employee was able to answer the question. They have all reffered me to a webpage that does not give clear information. THe consulates are open during limited times and I have emailed them with response received as of yet.

If anyone has any additional info on this topic I surely appreciate some guidancel Thanks!
Old June 21st, 2009, 09:05 AM
Beginner

sorry,I was so short. We are booked on the same ship for 21 days and doing an over night in egypt and moving over to turkey also,I phoned NCL and they and my t.a have assured me ,that,if you are american or canadian its all included in the price of an excursion.now im talking Alexandria ,Cairo,Giza, etc.Turkey we are only going to Izmir.Point of entry is the key,even if your talking Istanbul.however,you could call 1.800.327.7030 ext 7388 ask for roxanne in excursions,you mind as well book with ncl excursions when dealing with egypt and turkey and that way its all included.j
Old June 21st, 2009, 10:22 PM
Beginner

No offense taken johncook . It is just stressful when you can't reach the correct people to help you. NCL just transfers you over to unreliable personnel and my TA (vacationstogo.com - which I now wonder why I used them) sends you to the consulate websites. No one seems to want to correctly advise their client. Anyway, I have since been advised that the visas for Turkey and Egypt can be obtained upon arrival. Unlike you, we will be staying in Istanbul 3 nights following the cruise so another type of visa is required which I can also obtain upon arrival. Thanks again. And enjoy your trip! Let me know how the Jade is as I am very skeptical of this cruise line. We usually do Celebrity - Princess and RCCL.
Old June 24th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Familiar Face

My understanding is that if you arrive in Turkey on a cruise ship at KUSADASI for a day at Ephesus, you do not need a visa.

I have been to Egypt 3 times. First time, flew from Israel on El Al (Israeli airline), and I had to get a visa in USA prior to travel. Second and third times, I crossed Israel-Egypt border at Eilat/Taba and got visas in Egyptian immigration entry hall.

I would check with both the Turkey and Egypt websites, for latest ingo.

PapaBear
Old June 25th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Turkey and Egypt Visas on NCL JADE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludiandrade
I am sailing the Jade on October 21 departing from Athens cruising to Egypt and disembarking in Turkey. Does anyone have any info on obtaining the Turkish and Egyptian visas? Are they needed before sailing or can they be obtained upon arrival to the Egyptian and Turkish ports? Thanks.
We did this cruise, on the Jade, in February '09 and visas for Egypt and Turkey were taken care of by the ship. No worries.

Have a wonderful cruise. If you can do an overnight in Cairo it is worth it. The 2.5 hour ride back and fourth to Alexandria really detracts from the time you have to see this wonderful place.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 25th, 2009, 11:51 AM
Beginner

Thanks Papa Bear and Mike M for the info!