Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 2nd, 2009, 10:32 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to woods5986
Default New to NCL and questions regarding the restaurants

We (family of 7 - 4 adults 3 kids) are traveling on the Pearl over Thanksgiving - we know we want to go to some of the restaurants on board - any suggestions on which are a do NOT miss and some that are a you can live without - since we have 3 kids (14, 12 and 11)

We were thinking that maybe two or three of the nights the kids wouldn't have to come with us - if they don't want to - not that [b]I[/b] would twist their arms () to come with us...kwim?

We are on their DR, St Thomas, week - any suggestions on what TO do and what not to do would be greatly appreciated as well.

Haven't been on this site since our last cruise in Nov 2007 - ya'll were wonderful then and had some great suggestions...looking for more of the same from everyone....thanks in advance

Barb aka sdoowb
Sponsored Links
Old July 3rd, 2009, 02:56 AM
Yeoman

Kids in the age between 11 and 14 are very different from each other so it's hard to know what your kids will like but I doubt that they don't like the food in Blue Lagoon, fish & chips, hamburgers and that kind of food (always open and no extra cost).

They also have a mexican food which in my opinion normally is very good too.

For a night without the kids, Le Bistro.

If you go to the steakhouse, Cagney's, don't miss the banana fosters for dessert!
Old July 4th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to woods5986
Default Thanks Eric

I really could care less about the kids and what they will eat - - I really was asking more for the adults!! Cause like you said - Blue Lagoon is all ways open for the kids!

So Le Bistro and Cagney's it would be for you - huh? I know Cagney's is the steak place - what type of food is Le Bistro?
Old July 4th, 2009, 01:09 PM
Captain

Here are the most recent menus from the Dawn. Should be the same except the "trial" main dining roommenus they are experimenting with on the Dawn.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/5120384...7618693413205/

For me The Bistro, Cagney's are an always do. The most fun is Teppaniaki and the food is excellent. Everyone has different tastes but for me the last choice would be the Latin/Tex Mex. It was OK when it was no charge and may go back to that in the near future.

I could eat every night in Cagney's it is not just steak. Excellent sea food. veal chop, lamb. chicken.

Bistro has the best escargot and mushroom soup served in a bread bowl. The chocolate fondue is a must have. I have been known to skip the the entree and double down on everything else.

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old July 6th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Teppanki should not be missed! What a fun meal, and great filet. Personally, I loved the Tex/Mex place. I was there in fall 2007 before there was a charge. They had the best burritos and this neat meal (lots of meat!) especially for two.
Norwegian Dream October 2008 (Bermuda)
Norwegian Spirit September 2009 (Bermuda)
Caribbean Princess May 2010 (Caribbean)
Old July 7th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Admiral

funny how we all see food so differently: Teppankis is the one place I probably would not go. Yes, it is good but it isn't any different than what you can get at home for a similar price. when they had the a la carte menu with several choices, starting at about $12.50, it was a great deal. Now, for $25 flat rate I don't think so. I would not miss Le Bistro, it has a french theme but isn't totally gourmet french. The service is awesome and the atmosphere outstanding. Yes, Cagney's is popular and yet, if I were chossing a second place after Le Bistro I would probably go with the Italian dining room or the Asian.

Nita