Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 5th, 2009, 08:31 AM
Beginner

Default bermuda excursions

we're an older couple i'm 64 she's (can't tell or i'm a dead man) anyhow she is interested in a day or 2 on the beach. any recommendations? & what other excursions do you think we might enjoy. we're not into hang gliding but something a little more low key would be nice. one more thing how is it walking around after dark (safetywise) thanks in advace for the advice
Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2009, 08:52 AM
Admiral

Default Beautiful Bermuda

Well, we are older than y ou two so your still a "kid"..lol First, you will be in the Dockyard which since we started going to B ermuda 15 years ago has been completely renovated with a new terminal and docks.The cruise lines, especially NCL are providing $$ for entertainment, Heritage ight and the Goomba dancers, .Frankly, I thnk from what I've seen the excursions seem way out of line.. Do buy a ferry/bus pass for the 2-3 days your there.. take a ferry to St. George and wander around the streets, especially the charming back streets...then go past the pharmacy (there are horse and buggy carriages there) and take a bus that will take you to the Swizzle Inn..have lunch and a pitcher of rum punch.. walk or take a bus tothe caves if your into that. or take a bus back to Hamilton getting a chance to sightsee..A few stores still left, Blucks if your into antiques, china, crystal....and you can take the ferry back to the Dockyard.. Check the ferry schedule because a few of them are like milk runs stopping at every little village..As for beaches..pick the ones you want and from the Dockyard you'll be able to take a bus to the best one.. Also, at the Dockyard is a glass blowing shop, artisans, the Bermuda Rum cake and lots of little pubs.. The one tour we did take years ago was a tour of the entire island.. to Gibbs lighthouse, etc. etc. I think from what I saw $49.00 each for an ho ur on the trolley is a bit too much $$.. Taxis are very expensive in Bermuda.. As for safety.. during the day there no problem, but always be careful at night.. The other place to be careful sadly is at the beaches where you might leave your watch and $$..people are watching.. You will love Bermuda..Bermuda loves tourists and the people are wonderful..When you get on the bus you will notice (even the school children) say hello to the driver and thank him when getting off..
Old July 6th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

I went to Bermuda in October 2008, and I will be back on the Spirit in September! Bermuda is very safe, clean, friendly people etc. At night I went out with a group, 4 ladies (3 in our 30s and my mom in her 60s). We stayed on well lit streets and took the bus with out any issues or safety concerns. I loved the Complete Bermuda Island Tour. It was 5 hours and I think like $75, totally worth it. You get to see the whole island and then we went back to visit spots we wanted to explore. I loved Horse Shoe Bay. In the Dock Yard check out Frog and Onion Pub and the glass blowers. Also, a greta place to smaple the rum cakes!
Norwegian Dream October 2008 (Bermuda)
Norwegian Spirit September 2009 (Bermuda)
Caribbean Princess May 2010 (Caribbean)