Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 15th, 2009, 07:32 PM
Admiral

Default Norwegian Jade in 2011

Does anyone have any info on the Jade?
I've heard that it is an Americian Flagged ship , is this true?
Is the staff most asian or european?

Would appreciate any pictures from the Jade.

thks

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Sponsored Links
Old July 15th, 2009, 08:14 PM
Captain

The Jade is not American Flagged. I once was when is in Hawaii and name the Pride of Hawaii. The crew is a simalar mix to any NCL ship with perhaps 60 different nations represented onboard. There are some pictures of the ship from my cruise to Norway last summer in my webshots (link in signature). As far as layout she is almost the twin sister of the Jewel.

More Jade Pics

http://www.webshots.com/search?media...ce=search_menu

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Old July 24th, 2009, 11:20 AM
Familiar Face

Default NCL Jade

We sailed the Jade this past Nov. 2008 for 24 days. No, she is not American registered. The only ship registered American in NCL is the Pride of America. The crew is international. The Jade is beautiful-still has Hawaiian decorations as she was the Pride of Hawaii. You will have great service. Our cabin stewards were the best we've ever had and we've been on 14 previous cruises. We had a problem with one excursion and were given a partial refund even though I said that was not what I was looking for.
If you are sailing Jade in Europe=tell me the countries and I'll be happy to recommend excursions.
Linda
Old July 24th, 2009, 06:47 PM
Admiral

Ports scheduled on the cruise

Barcelona
Casablanca
Agadir
Madeira
Canary Islands

Rome
Athens
Izmir
Alexandria
Malta

Thks for any tour ideas

Ships Sailed:

SS Ithaca , Volendam , Mariner of the Seas (x2) , Veendam , Coral Princess , Island Princess (x3) , Emerald Princess,Sapphire Sapphire (x3),Diamond Princess
Old July 29th, 2009, 02:21 PM
Familiar Face

Barcelona we had very little choice as they only had excursions for people flying out, and we were staying for the next cruise. You can easily do your own in Barcelona. They have a hop on hop off bus, walk La Rampla, and make sure you visit Gaudi's cathedral.
Casablanca we did Casablanca Highlights-visited the world's largest Mosque and did get a feel for the city.
Agadir-This was the only excursion that we had a problem with and it was totally due to the guide. We chose the Saadian Capital of Taroudant and even with the guide-who barely spoke english and wanted us to rush everything so we bought at his store-I would do it again. We went far into Morocco and Taroudant itself is very much like it was centuries ago.
Did not do Madeira. Rome-we chose not to go to Rome but visited Ostia-if you've been to Rome, and like Ruins, Ostia was wonderful. It is the original Rome.
Athens-Athens and the Acropolis. This was mainly about the Acropolis as climbing to the top was one of my dreams.
Izmir-Ephesus and the Virgin Mary. Very well done and lots of time for Ephesus which is the reason you are stopping at Izmir.
did not visit Alexandria or Malta. Hope this helps and if you need anything more, do not hesitate.