Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Long term parking at Boston Pier

Hello...I am cruising out of Boston on the Spirit on Sept. 18th. Although this a luxury of having no airfair/hotel etc to the port., I am not a fan of city driving, nor is any one in my party! Usually we get dropped off at the Boston pier, but due to the cruise leaving on a Friday this interferes with most people's work schedules. Question: How safe is it to leave my vehicle there all week. Now I know many people do this all the time, but again, I am from a small quiet NH town, not a busy big city like Boston!Also it is a brand new SUV and no, no one has the room for our luggage to drive us in their small car! We are not interested in taking a bus down either. Also, I believe the cost is $120 for the week. I would love the exact amount if any one knows. Thanks for any input!
Norwegian Dream October 2008 (Bermuda)
Norwegian Spirit September 2009 (Bermuda)
Caribbean Princess May 2010 (Caribbean)
Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2009, 07:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

This is from the Massport site...Within the lines it mentions long term parking

Parking for cruise passengers is generally available at the BRA-EDIC (Boston Redevelopment Authority-Economic Development Industrial Corporation) Marine Industrial Park garage, a five-story, indoor parking facility owned by the City of Boston and operated by EDIC. It is located across from the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal. Embarking cruise guests holding valid cruise tickets will receive a special rate of $15 per day. Payments of cash, Visa, or MasterCard are accepted.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The garage has a vehicle height limit of 6’10” with additional availability for oversize vehicles and motor homes. Ample parking is available with NO RESERVATIONS REQUIRED. In the event that long-term parking is not available in the garage, Massport representatives will direct passengers to an alternative parking location when you arrive at the terminal. Security patrols the parking garage 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. For further information about parking at the BRA-EDIC Marine Industrial Park garage, please call (617) 918-6225 and then hit option # 3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Upon Departure: Proceed first to Black Falcon Cruise Terminal. Drop off luggage and passengers in the designated areas. Proceed to parking by exiting the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal, turning left onto Black Falcon Avenue, then right onto Designer Center Place. The garage is directly across from the Boston Design Center.

Black Falcon Transportation

Cruiseport Boston, operating at the Black Falcon Cruise Terminal in the South Boston Waterfront District, is one of the most popular cruise ports in North America for a very good reason - its proximity to the City of Boston. To help passengers make the most of their Port of Call, a first class, round-trip shuttle is now in operation to get you where you're going safely, efficiently, and comfortably.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old July 30th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you so much for this helpful information!!!!
Norwegian Dream October 2008 (Bermuda)
Norwegian Spirit September 2009 (Bermuda)
Caribbean Princess May 2010 (Caribbean)
Old July 31st, 2009, 05:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

We have parked there a few times and our car has always been fine.
Bob
Old August 1st, 2009, 11:00 AM
Admiral

Default PARKING AT BLACK FALCON PIER

Well, like everything else they went up.. the way I figure it.. it's $120.00 for the week..now it will depend on what our limo service is going charge...but I love the convenience of having our car right there..
Old August 22nd, 2009, 06:38 PM
Passenger

It was still 115 for the week when I cruised the Spirit 8-7 to 8-14. They ask you to park on level 4 if you are going on the ship.

This was our second time parking for our Boston cruise and there were no problems.