Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old August 1st, 2009, 01:54 AM
Alaska909's Avatar
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8
Default Advice before making reservations

Hi All... I have read so many posts, and garnered a lot of good info already, but I have a few questions to ask the experienced cruisers on this board, I know I will get some great answers! This is my first cruise so I am pretty much in the dark, so please bear with me:

* I have gotten a quote through CruiseCompete, from Crown Cruise Vacations that is 500 less than going directly through NCL. What are the pros and cons of not going with NCL direct, and using an online company? Will the online company be helpful, or they just take their payment and they are done? I saw where people have gotten reductions in the cost, would that happen with them? Has anyone ever used them before?

* I am looking to book AF 11630, or that general area... anyone ever occupy a room or rooms in that general vicinity?

* Can someone explain how you pay for items on board? Do you pay as you go with cash or a credit card? Or do you put money on a NCL card prior, and how?

* Is room service say for breakfast an additional fee? If you get a drink (soda) in the Garden Cafe is that included or a charge?

* We are leaving from Seattle, as I read, it would be a good idea to purchase water/soda/snacks prior to boarding?

As you can tell I am a real novice and any information or tips you can share would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance,
Carol
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old August 1st, 2009, 09:35 AM
KimJack's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Orlando, FL, USA
Posts: 1,772
Default

Hi Carol,

First things first. You would make it easier for CM members to answer your questions if you give them a little basic info: 1) the name of the ship you'll be on, and 2) the itinerary for your cruise. Since you'll be leaving from Seattle, and since you've included "Alaska" in your user name, I figure you'll be sailing to Alaska. I believe that NCL has three ships which cruise to Alaska (Sun, Star and Pearl), and since the Sun doesn't have a cabin #11630, I'm assuming that you'll be on the Pearl or Star. Which one, of course, I don't know.

In either case, you'll be in a mini-suite on the port (left) side of the ship. On the Star, #11630 is near the middle of the ship; on the Pearl, the cabin is much further aft (towards the rear of the ship). We've sailed in MiniSuite #11154 on the Jewel (sister ship to the Pearl), which would be pretty much like your cabin in design. It's similar to a balcony cabin, except somewhat bigger with an extra bed and some other nice features. This being your first cruise, I'm pretty sure you'll like this cabin (as we did).

We've booked through CruiseCompete several times, and have not yet been disappointed by travel agents using that service. I would suggest that you read the quotes you receive carefully, since different brokers will offer you different benefits (e.g., on-board credits, inclusive insurance, discounted shore excursions, etc.) Also, be sure that you understand what is and what is not included in the fare quoted (such as taxes, port charges, etc.) As for the service provided by CruiseCompete agents, we've been generally satisfied when we've chosen to use one of them.

As for services rendered on board, you will be required to establish a credit account when you check in (either by credit card or cash). Just about everything you purchase on board (in restaurants, gift shops, tours, etc.) will be charged to the on-board account, for which you'll receive a statement near the end of the cruise. Room service (limited menu) is free, but it is suggested that you tip the server about $2 (in cash). Otherwise, NCL charges a "service fee" of about $12 per person per day (with exceptions for children), which is added to your account. This service fee ( which is automatically added to your account) is shared by several classes of crewmember, including waiters & busboys, cabin attendants, and others. Separate service chgs. are added to bar tabs (18%, I think). You may also give exceptional employees a little "something on the side" if you choose to do so.

Some people bring soda, water, etc. aboard with them. I have never understood why anyone would want to haul extra items on board in addition to normal baggage. (To save some money, I guess.) Whether or not it's worth the effort ... that's up to you. To each his own. Some cruise lines let you do it, and some frown on the practice. I don't know what NCL's policy is.

I hope this has been of some use to you, Carol. Enjoy your cruise!!

Jack 8)
__________________
Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old August 1st, 2009, 10:23 AM
shoreguy's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 793
Default

KimJack covered a lot.

A little more detail. Your room keycard becomes your onboard charge card. It is also your ID and is scanned as you get on and off the ship. You can use one credit card, debit card, or as pointed out a large cash deposit to set up the line of credit when you check in. You can have everyones charges going to one card or each can have their own line of credit. Even if you want to settle your account with cash or travelers checks it is easier to use a credit card, pay off the balance the last night, and let the little that gets charged after that stay on the card. Far easier then getting in the lines the last morning to get back and cash remaining on your account.

The $12 a day service charge will be posted to you account each day for everyone except children under 3.

The mini suites or as I like to call them "deluxe balcony" are nice. I have stayed in them on the Dawn,Gem, Pearl, and Jade. That extra 75 SQF is wonderful. Having a balcony in Alaska priceless. They don't have an extra bed but unlike a regular balcony cabin with a single sofa bed they have a true double sofa bed in addition the two regular beds that can be made up as queen.

Can't help you with who to book with. As pointed out just make sure the price you are looking at is complete.

Enjoy your cruise and start saving for the next one. They are addictive.
__________________
Next up - NCL Epic - Transatlantic 06/24/10 website
http://epicmadhatters.com/

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old August 1st, 2009, 12:59 PM
Alaska909's Avatar
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8
Default Thank You... One More ? - Insurance

Thanks everyone who has replied. Sorry I didn't give all the information, but the ship is the Pearl, and yes it is Alaska!

Do you recommend buying insurance? It is 6% of the cost, approximately $280 for three people.

Thanks!
Carol
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old August 1st, 2009, 01:35 PM
shoreguy's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 793
Default

You need to decide on insurance. Before you buy make sure you explore the options. Here is a site that can help you compare and select a policy that meets your needs.

http://www.insuremytrip.com/?pid=1000&rid=1

If you are flying to Seattle and buying your own air NCL's insurance will not cover that part of the cost if you have to cancel.
__________________
Next up - NCL Epic - Transatlantic 06/24/10 website
http://epicmadhatters.com/

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old August 1st, 2009, 02:34 PM
Alaska909's Avatar
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8
Default

Thanks Shoreguy for the Insurance information. That seems to be a smart thing to do, especially since my Mom is 78 and I had a heart stent recently. You never know when something can come up and put a kink in the best laid plans we make!

Here is one last critical question:

I have narrowed the choice of agencies to use for the cruise to these two:

Cruise-N-More or Crown Cruise Vacations

The price difference is only $65, so service and reliability will help to make the decision. Has anyone had experience with either of these companies, or know of them, positive and negative?

Both charge the fee directly to the cruise line, so no worry about them going out of business and sticking us. Anything else to be wary about?

Thank you
Carol
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old August 1st, 2009, 03:41 PM
shoreguy's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 793
Default

Can't help you never heard of either agency.

Make sure what ever insurance you get it covers pre-existing conditions. Those that do normally have to be purchased within 7-14 days of the first payment for the cruise or trip.
__________________
Next up - NCL Epic - Transatlantic 06/24/10 website
http://epicmadhatters.com/

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old August 1st, 2009, 04:01 PM
Alaska909's Avatar
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoreguy
Make sure what ever insurance you get it covers pre-existing conditions. Those that do normally have to be purchased within 7-14 days of the first payment for the cruise or trip.
Thanks, I will be sure to do that.

Carol
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old August 1st, 2009, 05:37 PM
beenie weenie's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,430
Default

I have actually stayed in 11630 on the Pearl. It was a very nice mini suite. The only issue we ever had was when the crew played basketball at 1:00 a.m. and the noise reverberated down to 11630 quite loudly. So long as that doesn't re-occur you should have no issues there.
__________________

Read and post cruise reviews
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old August 1st, 2009, 05:46 PM
Alaska909's Avatar
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenie weenie
I have actually stayed in 11630 on the Pearl. It was a very nice mini suite. The only issue we ever had was when the crew played basketball at 1:00 a.m. and the noise reverberated down to 11630 quite loudly. So long as that doesn't re-occur you should have no issues there.
That sounds promising! Hopefully it will be too cool in September for them to partake in a game of BB in the wee hours of the morning!
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old August 1st, 2009, 10:24 PM
ScurvyDog's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southeast Of Disorder
Posts: 2,364
Default

Have used Cruises-N-More and was pleased with service. Absoutely no problems. No information on Crown Cruise Vacations. Have not heard of them not to say that is bad. Regardless of which on line agency you use after purchase you are probably on your own as far as price reduction.
__________________
55 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle, Breeze, Sunshine X3
6 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old August 1st, 2009, 11:20 PM
KimJack's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Orlando, FL, USA
Posts: 1,772
Default

Hi again Carol,

I've also used Cruises-N-More, hooking up with them through CruiseCompete. I believe they're located in Lake Mary, not far from Orlando, and I can tell you they're definitely a reputable company. Although the quote I received from them didn't happen to be the lowest dollar-wise, it was clearly the overall best of several offers I got for that particular cruise. The agent I dealt with was named Jim Young, and he did a good job in handling our booking and all related matters. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Cruises-N-More to you, especially if the price they've quoted is comparable with others you received. I'm not familiar with the other agency you mentioned, Crown Cruise Vacations.

Jack 8)
__________________
Cruise #25, Monarch OTS 11/28/2011, Bahamas
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old August 2nd, 2009, 02:16 AM
Alaska909's Avatar
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8
Default

ScurvyDog and Jack.. thank you for your replies. I decided to go with Cruise-N-More, and booked the cruise today. They were a little more on the cruise, but their insurance offer was a better deal, bringing them down to the same price overall as the other company. Even if they were more, I discovered much more positive feedback on CNM, along with yours, which made me feel confident on that choice.

So my Mom, (her treat to us), my 26 yr. old son and I will be heading out on the NCL Pearl, Sept. 13th, to Alaska. Really looking forward to experience our first cruise, for all of us. Hopefully this will open the door for my Mom, who is 78, to take in a few more cruises, some warmer climates next!

Thanks for everyone's advice these past two days. I have a feeling I will have more questions as the days go by. I like to know as much as I can, before I do or go anywhere, and a cruise is something I am definitely clueless about as you could see by my questions!

Again, thanks for making this first step of this adventure easier to do!

Carol
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old August 2nd, 2009, 09:29 AM
shoreguy's Avatar
Senior Member
Captain
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 793
Default

Enjoy - Glaicer Bay and the rest of Alaska are amazing

11620

__________________
Next up - NCL Epic - Transatlantic 06/24/10 website
http://epicmadhatters.com/

NCL JADE, GEM, PEARL, DAWN, JEWEL, SPIRIT, SUN Pics.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jimalaska
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old August 2nd, 2009, 11:00 PM
Junior Member
Beginner
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1
Default

Nothing on NCL is free, they do everything possible to sell you as much as they can to get more money, drinks are $2.25 each plus gratuity, you are charged $12.00 per day per person for tips, the staff know it is automatic so they are not as pleasant as staff on other cruise ships that actually have to earn their tips and you are under constant barragement to buy diamonds and jewelry from the cruise ship and go shopping in the stores that they own in the ports, sometimes you will feel like you are staying on an infomercial ship, the marketing has gotten out of control, you put your credit card down and can't monitor it throughout the trip like you can on royal caribbean so you just get a bill at the end.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old August 3rd, 2009, 07:55 AM
beenie weenie's Avatar
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,430
Default

Dmor, I am far from an NCL cheerleader, but let's be fair here. I enjoy their newer ships. I enjoy the broad variety of eating venues. I like the clinics they hold on board, which generally are conducted for a charge, but in consideration of what you get during the clinic it is typically a good value.
Quote:
Nothing on NCL is free, they do everything possible to sell you as much as they can to get more money, drinks are $2.25 each plus gratuity
This is pretty standard across the cruise industry, actually some lines charge more for the same drinks.

Quote:
the staff know it is automatic so they are not as pleasant as staff on other cruise ships that actually have to earn their tips
I have to admit I have not found this to be the case at all. I have found great staff and terrible staff on all cruise lines. RCCL, Carnival and most of the main stream cruise lines automatically deduct gratuities these days. I do not recall ever having a substandard room steward, the worst dining room service I ever recieved was on Costa and Carnival, some of the best dining room service I ever recieved was also on Carnival and Costa...so much for generalizations eh? The basic deal is that many people from other countries come to work for the cruise lines. They know if they want to stick around for any length of time they have to perform. If they don't perform they will be going home sooner than later. Your gratuities may or may not be part of their compensation, but bottomline, if they want the job, they will do it well.
Quote:
you are under constant barragement to buy diamonds and jewelry from the cruise ship and go shopping in the stores that they own in the ports, sometimes you will feel like you are staying on an infomercial ship, the marketing has gotten out of control,
I actually notice this issue much less on NCL than some of the other cruise lines. I will admit that NCL really goes crazy for Bingo but it seems to be very popular and well attended.
Quote:
you put your credit card down and can't monitor it throughout the trip like you can on royal caribbean so you just get a bill at the end.
You may fund your onboard account with cash or traveller's checks if you wish as well. Checking your onboard account is quite simple and I highly recommend you do this even if you can check it on the cabin TV. Go down to the Purser's/Reception desk on the last day of the cruise and ask for a printout of your charges. Check it that one last time before they bills are reconciled that night and the charges are put through to your credit card. If you find an error, correct it onboard, do not wait until you get home, by then it could be too late.

The only real justifiable gripe I can find in your entire post is the statement that NCL is charging $12 /Day per person. That is higher than any other cruiseline we've been on for non-suite accomodations. However, when we first booked our Jewel Cruise this upcoming October, the price was $5400 for the four of us. Since the time with some promo's applied as well as the Union Discount (which none of the other cruiselines offer) The price has now been reduced to $3100. So I can live with the $12/Day on this cruise.

I have found several things NCL does poorly. For example, their land based operations are extremely unorganized and cannot be counted on to give out accurate information. They have recently conducted a really ridiculous experiment on Jade's Courtyard Villas by allowing all other suite guests access to the CY facilities, after marketing it as a quiet exclusive area to only tose who booked a CY category. So of course this really upset those who paid (probably a pretty penny) for those CY accomodations and ended up having to share their area with people who did not belong there.

If a person is objective and fair, they will likely find elements on any cruise line that they like and things they dislike.
__________________

Read and post cruise reviews
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old August 8th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmor
Nothing on NCL is free, they do everything possible to sell you as much as they can to get more money, drinks are $2.25 each plus gratuity, you are charged $12.00 per day per person for tips, the staff know it is automatic so they are not as pleasant as staff on other cruise ships that actually have to earn their tips and you are under constant barragement to buy diamonds and jewelry from the cruise ship and go shopping in the stores that they own in the ports, sometimes you will feel like you are staying on an infomercial ship, the marketing has gotten out of control, you put your credit card down and can't monitor it throughout the trip like you can on royal caribbean so you just get a bill at the end.
What the heck are you talking about? Except for RCI all lines are doing the auto tipping now, it isn't just NCL. As for monitoring your bill, of course you can, why are you saying you can not? Honest objections are one thing, when someone says something that isn't factual I wonder where they get their info. What ship were you on and when? What do you mean drinks are $2.25, actually I would like to know what is only $2.25 and as for plus gratuity, that is standard on every single mass marketed line. Every line I have cruised which is every mass marketed line and a few others push the jewelry and certain port shops. The answer is: JUST SAY NO!!!

Nita
__________________
ncl, carnival, HAL, Costa, RCI, commodore,chamdres,celebrity,Princess
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old August 8th, 2009, 09:18 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,617
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beenie weenie
Dmor, I am far from an NCL cheerleader, but let's be fair here. I enjoy their newer ships. I enjoy the broad variety of eating venues. I like the clinics they hold on board, which generally are conducted for a charge, but in consideration of what you get during the clinic it is typically a good value.
Quote:
Nothing on NCL is free, they do everything possible to sell you as much as they can to get more money, drinks are $2.25 each plus gratuity
This is pretty standard across the cruise industry, actually some lines charge more for the same drinks.

Quote:
the staff know it is automatic so they are not as pleasant as staff on other cruise ships that actually have to earn their tips
I have to admit I have not found this to be the case at all. I have found great staff and terrible staff on all cruise lines. RCCL, Carnival and most of the main stream cruise lines automatically deduct gratuities these days. I do not recall ever having a substandard room steward, the worst dining room service I ever recieved was on Costa and Carnival, some of the best dining room service I ever recieved was also on Carnival and Costa...so much for generalizations eh? The basic deal is that many people from other countries come to work for the cruise lines. They know if they want to stick around for any length of time they have to perform. If they don't perform they will be going home sooner than later. Your gratuities may or may not be part of their compensation, but bottomline, if they want the job, they will do it well.
Quote:
you are under constant barragement to buy diamonds and jewelry from the cruise ship and go shopping in the stores that they own in the ports, sometimes you will feel like you are staying on an infomercial ship, the marketing has gotten out of control,
I actually notice this issue much less on NCL than some of the other cruise lines. I will admit that NCL really goes crazy for Bingo but it seems to be very popular and well attended.
Quote:
you put your credit card down and can't monitor it throughout the trip like you can on royal caribbean so you just get a bill at the end.
You may fund your onboard account with cash or traveller's checks if you wish as well. Checking your onboard account is quite simple and I highly recommend you do this even if you can check it on the cabin TV. Go down to the Purser's/Reception desk on the last day of the cruise and ask for a printout of your charges. Check it that one last time before they bills are reconciled that night and the charges are put through to your credit card. If you find an error, correct it onboard, do not wait until you get home, by then it could be too late.

The only real justifiable gripe I can find in your entire post is the statement that NCL is charging $12 /Day per person. That is higher than any other cruiseline we've been on for non-suite accomodations. However, when we first booked our Jewel Cruise this upcoming October, the price was $5400 for the four of us. Since the time with some promo's applied as well as the Union Discount (which none of the other cruiselines offer) The price has now been reduced to $3100. So I can live with the $12/Day on this cruise.

I have found several things NCL does poorly. For example, their land based operations are extremely unorganized and cannot be counted on to give out accurate information. They have recently conducted a really ridiculous experiment on Jade's Courtyard Villas by allowing all other suite guests access to the CY facilities, after marketing it as a quiet exclusive area to only tose who booked a CY category. So of course this really upset those who paid (probably a pretty penny) for those CY accomodations and ended up having to share their area with people who did not belong there.

If a person is objective and fair, they will likely find elements on any cruise line that they like and things they dislike.
HAL is now either $12.00 or 11.50 and Disney I think is higher. They have been $12 for a while and add it to your reservation.. Just an FYI
__________________
ncl, carnival, HAL, Costa, RCI, commodore,chamdres,celebrity,Princess
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old August 8th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 1,768
Default CHARGING TIPS

It appears ALL the lines do automatically add the tip to your bill. BUT YOU ARE WELCOME TO PULL the tips from any or all employees if your unhappy with their service.. and I do know somebody that did just recently.. Unless you live in a small city I can see no reason for the rush to the jewelry or electronic shops on board or in the islands. You can do much better with electronics purchasing and shopping over the internet.. My purchases have been locally made products and crafts. You can laugh all you want... but Parrot Pop especially goes crazy over the $10.00 watch sales onboard the ship..lol I myself bought a white plastic cuff bracelet watch for that price and have had nothing but rave comments on it... go figure.. We will be trying the new "freestyle" NCL Gem in November and I'll be interested to see the various dining menus... but you can bet that I'll be watching carefully for the "two for one" deals. If you remember one thing... every ship in each cruise line has it's own personality and the attitude by the staff starts at the Management level. So enjoy!!
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old August 9th, 2009, 05:11 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,617
Default Re: CHARGING TIPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Mom
It appears ALL the lines do automatically add the tip to your bill. BUT YOU ARE WELCOME TO PULL the tips from any or all employees if your unhappy with their service.. and I do know somebody that did just recently.. Unless you live in a small city I can see no reason for the rush to the jewelry or electronic shops on board or in the islands. You can do much better with electronics purchasing and shopping over the internet.. My purchases have been locally made products and crafts. You can laugh all you want... but Parrot Pop especially goes crazy over the $10.00 watch sales onboard the ship..lol I myself bought a white plastic cuff bracelet watch for that price and have had nothing but rave comments on it... go figure.. We will be trying the new "freestyle" NCL Gem in November and I'll be interested to see the various dining menus... but you can bet that I'll be watching carefully for the "two for one" deals. If you remember one thing... every ship in each cruise line has it's own personality and the attitude by the staff starts at the Management level. So enjoy!!
of course the watch sale is a hit, it is about the only thing we buy on board and like Parrot Pop, Pat goes nuts. We look at it this way, the watch will last without replacing batteries about a year, so when they go, we always say "yep, it is time for another cruise" of course some last longer, that screws everything up as we plan our cruises around the damn watches..
__________________
ncl, carnival, HAL, Costa, RCI, commodore,chamdres,celebrity,Princess
Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old August 9th, 2009, 07:06 PM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: MA
Posts: 1,768
Default They Do Last Long

YOU WRONG MNITA!!!! They do last longer than a year..lol. The orange one he has on now..our landscaper has offered Parrot Pop a hard to get Red Spx ticket... he's holding out for two
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old August 11th, 2009, 10:29 AM
Senior Member
Admiral
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,617
Default Re: They Do Last Long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parrot Mom
YOU WRONG MNITA!!!! They do last longer than a year..lol. The orange one he has on now..our landscaper has offered Parrot Pop a hard to get Red Spx ticket... he's holding out for two
well you just get better ones than we do,
__________________
ncl, carnival, HAL, Costa, RCI, commodore,chamdres,celebrity,Princess
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
11630, cabin, crown, cruise, epic, jade, norwegain, norwegian, pearl, plan, reviews, sale, stateroom, vacations, watch

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Making pre-cruise reservations online for tours, etc Paul Motter Chit - Chat for Cruisers 11 September 29th, 2009 09:17 PM
Making friends JOYCEV Crewmembers 0 August 31st, 2009 05:16 PM
Advice for making reservations at Portofino's ToddDH Royal Caribbean International 11 June 3rd, 2008 07:55 PM
Advantages/Disadvantages to making 2 reservations? TravelHappy81 Ask CruiseMates Staff 5 June 30th, 2007 12:56 PM
Making reservations Royal Royal Caribbean International 22 May 24th, 2006 11:34 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:51 AM.
design by: Themes by Design

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1