Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 25th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Now worrying about cabin noise

I am booked on the Spirit inside cabin 6571 next month. I usually stay on deck 5, and I have never had an issue with noise. I am a little concerned now with deck 7 being above us. Blue Lagoon and a few bars are above. Think there will be any issues?
Norwegian Dream October 2008 (Bermuda)
Norwegian Spirit September 2009 (Bermuda)
Caribbean Princess May 2010 (Caribbean)
Sponsored Links
Old August 25th, 2009, 10:59 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Now worrying about cabin noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by shandy5165
I am booked on the Spirit inside cabin 6571 next month. I usually stay on deck 5, and I have never had an issue with noise. I am a little concerned now with deck 7 being above us. Blue Lagoon and a few bars are above. Think there will be any issues?
unless you go to bed at 9pm and want to sleep until 10am I don't think you will have a problem.

Nita
Old August 25th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well, bed can be any time from 10-11, but we are up early 6-7! Good to know! Thanks!
Old August 25th, 2009, 11:10 PM
Admiral

Not necessarily, the loudest cabin I ever had was on the Spirit and it went on until the wee hours of the morning. I actually was shooting a video of my kids one night as they hammed it up, and all the sudden you hear this loud rummbling sound that was like a roller coaster above us and that is what we listened to all night long, for several nights in a row. It was a 14 day cruise and the noise was awful. The only thing that saved us were earplugs. Otherwise we would have been sleep deprived, with two small sleep deprived kids and very unhappy travellers. :evil:

I did a little search for you, and you may have well founded fears or not... depending on what time you go to bed and how sensitive you are to sound. Here is an excerpt of a post I found from another board on your cabin
"We were in an inside cabin on deck 6. We were directly beneath Henry's Pub - it was quite loud until about 12:00 am. After a day or two it didn't bother us too much. We were glad that the night they had the sing along we had chosen to go to the Galaxy to hear Rebecca Lowe sing and Ross Bennet the comedian. Returned at 11:45, noise stopped at 12:00. We were in room 6571. "

If you think it might be a problem then call now and change it beforehand if it is possible. If not then pack some earplugs just in case. It really does pay to do your homework. One very well kept secret...when we were on the Spirit it was frustrating because they did not sell ear plugs in the gift shop. About three days into the cruise after much discussion with the reception desk, we found out they have squirreled away a whole drawer full of little foam earplugs, but they won;t tell you they have them, you have to ask.

It was a great cruise and our second time on the spirit. We really enjoyed it after we found the secret stash of earplugs

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 29th, 2009, 11:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

I did check with my travel agent and she called NCL, unfortunately, no other rooms available to switch. But, I always pack ear plugs!
Old August 29th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Admiral

Good deal! At least you have a better idea what to expect and can properly prepare so you have the best time possible. It is really hard to enjoy vacation when you don't get a good night's rest. I hope you have a great time!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old August 30th, 2009, 09:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you! I ALWAYS come prepared....I am such a light sleeper, I wake up at the sound of anything, tv, music, snoring. I use small ear plugs, than sleep with the big hunter safety ones over my ears! Not the most comfortable at first, but I can sleep!