Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2009, 05:00 AM
Beginner

Default Requesting Information on NCL Spirit

Hello,

I am brand new at this so please forgive any mistakes I make.

I have booked my family for a spring break cruise on NCL Spirit. It will be me, my wife and 2 kids, 8 & 15.

We are very excited. We have been looking at our options and made our choice between CCL and NCL. We went with NCL for the free style dining and the 4 ports.

I have found some answers to our questions by searching the internet and reading reviews but there is still a couple I would like the answer to or if you could just point me in the right direction to find them because my wife and I seem to be mostly hopeless at finding some things.

I get the idea that a lot of what we have read is out of date with the 2.0 concept so I welcome your input.

Wife wants to know about the spa. Where can we find a price list?

Son , 8 wants to know about the room service menu. I found a few versions on the photo sites, but really could not tell what was current.

Daughter, 15 wants to know about the teen camp. Also, I read about smoothie coupons. Are those still avalable?

And I would like to know which side of the ship is best to book. I have a balcony on the left side if your are facing to the front.

Thank you for taking the time to help us with our questions.
Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Admiral

First off welcome to CruiseMates! I can say that they Spirit is older, but a unique, fun cruise ship for kids and adults, I would imagine your 8 year old will probably enjoy it the most of anyone.

One thing that perplexes me though is that you mention you have reserved a port side balcony... unless something has changed recently the Spirit did not offer any quad (occupancy for four) balconys. Did you book two rooms? Regarding which side to book, we've always booked port side balconies, we like them. The only cabins on the Spirit which will hold four people are inside cabins.

Regarding your son's question, I don't think the room service menu has changed much, but one thing to be aware of too is the Blue Lagoon, it offers wonderful Mac & Cheese, great wings, hot dogs, burgers, fries etc...24/7 the food is good.

The Spirit also has several speciality (surcharge applies) restaurants to choose from. The kid's will probably get a kick out of Teppanyaki. it books up quickly, so be aware.

This link lists the spa menu and prices, not sure how up to date it is, but it should give you an idea.
http://www.cruisecheap.com/print_display.asp?PageID=206

Here are some pictures of the the Spirit and a balcony cabin:
http://travel.webshots.com/album/478207411mKMvlt

Read and post cruise reviews
Old September 14th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Beginner

Thanks for your answers and yes, we have 2 rooms. I never even thought of all four of us in one room. The rooms seem tiny and we are not.
Old September 15th, 2009, 11:19 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to BigE11378

if you look me up in the photo gallerys u will see a bunch of pictures we posted, plus i can probably get u pics of your cabin if you let me know the number. we love the Spirit
NCL Dawn Sept 20,2009
NCL Jewel
Pride Of America
Old September 17th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Passenger

We are taking the Spirit March 7th cruise, we went this year on the April 5th sailing and enjoyed it so much we decided to book it again. If you go to Zydecocruiser.com she has a blog on the Spirit and she has the menu's, spa pricing, room service menu and the specialty menu's. The Blue Lagoon will also let you take food out if your son wants some chicken strips and fries or something to snack on it really is pretty good and quick. Enjoy your cruise, the kids swimming pool for your 8 yr. old is great.
Old September 30th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Welcome,
Even if you are new to cruising it is not too soon to learn some correct terms. the Left side is Port, notice both have four letters the Right side is Starboard. the entire back third of the ship is AFT the front third is FORWARD, between those two is MIDSHIP[s] the actual back of the ship is the STERN actual front is the BOW. you will hear about aft cabins they are actually talking about STERN cabins.

and it is a cabin or stateroom not a room. also it is a SHIP not a Boat, not that you said that, remember boats sit on the decks of ships.

There you are now caught up on the proper lingo!

The Opposite of Love is not Hate, But Indifference