Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 16th, 2009, 02:25 AM
Passenger

Default Wine Question, many thanks

Hello my parents have bought several bottles of wine for their upcoming cruise on the Jewel. Shoreguy (who is amazing on this forum!!) mentioned you can enjoy the wine you have delivered to your room at any dining room/ restaurant onboard.

Will they just bring the bottle with them and mention they have a bottle they ordered and ask the wait staff to serve them it? Maybe bringing it in a small bag in the hallways is a little more discreet on the way ?

Can they ask for wine glasses to sip in their room from room service? Many thanks.

Norwegian Jade 5 Night Scandinavia Mini Cruise
- May 2009
Sponsored Links
Old September 16th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Captain

From what I have experienced we asked our room steward for glasses, corkscrew and ice bucket for bottles we wished to partake of in the room.
When we wanted to imbibe in the dining room, we just toted our bottle with us, gave it to our waiter and he took it from there. If you do not finish your bottle at that seating you can either take it to your cabin if you wish to have it in your cabin or they will give you a "claim check" and keep it for you until you want it again in the dining room.
Old September 16th, 2009, 11:54 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Default Re: Wine Question, many thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckcruiser16
Hello my parents have bought several bottles of wine for their upcoming cruise on the Jewel. Shoreguy (who is amazing on this forum!!) mentioned you can enjoy the wine you have delivered to your room at any dining room/ restaurant onboard.

Will they just bring the bottle with them and mention they have a bottle they ordered and ask the wait staff to serve them it? Maybe bringing it in a small bag in the hallways is a little more discreet on the way ?

Can they ask for wine glasses to sip in their room from room service? Many thanks.
If they bought the wine through the cruise line's Bon Voyage Department then all they have to do is ask someone in any public room to have it opened. They may want to take the receipt with them in the event someone questions if it is their wine or purchased through the cruise line. I've never been asked. If it is purchased as a Bon Voyage gift wine glasses will be provided. I wouldn't bother putting the wine in a paper bag.

If they bring their own wine onboard they will be able to have the wine in any public room but they will be charged a "corkage fee" if they open it and consume it. The Corkage fee is $15. At least it was a year ago.

Just ask your room steward for wine glasses, if they are not already in the room.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old September 17th, 2009, 12:38 PM
Admiral

Yes, the corkage fee will be charged at the time of embarkation and you can drink it in your cabin or take it with you to meals. We have done both. What we do not drink at dinner they will keep for you until the next night or you can take it back to the cabin.

Your room steward will provide you will glasses and a cork screw like Magnolia
blossom mentioned.

Nita
Old September 22nd, 2009, 03:30 PM
Passenger

Thanks very much for all your help.

Norwegian Jade 5 Night Scandinavia Mini Cruise
- May 2009