Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2009, 03:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via ICQ to LeeandKelli
Default Cruise in Europe..

Hi everyone;

Kelli and I are thinking about doing the seven night cruise on the Gem or Jade out of Barcelona with stops in Canne and 3 ports in Italy. We would like to be gone longer but for right now seven nights is our limit with added
time for travel back and forth. We would be going in Oct/Nov 2010.

Has anyone done this cruise and if so were you happy w/the ports and the ship?? Just trying to plan ahead. Any suggestions on the shore tours?

Thanks much;

Lee & Kelli
Old October 26th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Admiral

If you get a chance to tour Monaco/ Monte Carlo, I highly recommend it. It is beautiful and if you are into Grace Kelly or Formula One or just want to see how the other half lives, go check it out. In Barcelona, Las Ramblas is always entertaining with the street artists. You can also explore La Sagrada de Familia and other creations by Gaudi. You don't mention the 3 italian ports. But if one is Palermo, we loved walking the streets and it was kind of interesting to visit the Capuccin Monastery where they have basically embalmed and warehoused hundreds of bodies in the catcombs beneath. You may tour the catacombs... not as spooky as one would imagine but, very interesting how well preserved some of the bodies are after so long. In Rome we could have spent the entire day or two or three just around the Colliseum and all of the ruins there. So much to see and do.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old October 26th, 2009, 06:22 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Cruise in Europe..

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeandKelli
Hi everyone;

Kelli and I are thinking about doing the seven night cruise on the Gem or Jade out of Barcelona with stops in Canne and 3 ports in Italy. We would like to be gone longer but for right now seven nights is our limit with added
time for travel back and forth. We would be going in Oct/Nov 2010.

Has anyone done this cruise and if so were you happy w/the ports and the ship?? Just trying to plan ahead. Any suggestions on the shore tours?

Thanks much;

Lee & Kelli
We are about to sail the Gem t/a from Barcelona going to Cannes, Rome, florence, Malaga, and Corsica.. If you p.m. me I'll give you the name of a fabulous hotel on La Rambla and a private guide/driver tht we use. In Rome..if your going there it would be better to book Claudio now...This will be our 4th time in Barcelona and it is a magnificent city.. La Rambla, the Market, the architecture. etc. etc.. In Cannes, we've been told you can do it yourself.. so I think we'll find a way to the famous flower market..