Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Beginner

Default Tell me about your experience on the Dawn from NYC to Bermuda

I would like to find out people's experience on the Dawn going in May/June from NYC to Bermuda. Was it cold, the waves rough, the island warm, etc.?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Admiral

I think it would be a wonderful time to go. I've sailed out of NYC in the winter several times and while we had a great time, it was a wee bit nippy and rough . You should have great temps and better seas.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 18th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I cruised the Dawn in September and was lucky that I had fairly smooth seas. The temp was in the mid-60's when we left NY but the next day we were in the high 70's and by the time we hit the island we were in the mid-80's.

The seas were smooth for the return trip.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old February 18th, 2010, 09:17 PM
Beginner

Default Glass

I know the water won't be like glass all the time but as long as they are not twenty foot waves and we are rocking and rolling, then that is good.

A lot of the times when we were in the ocean the water was cold (on other cruises). As long as the air is warm, that is fine.
Old February 21st, 2010, 09:19 PM
Familiar Face

Hi Snuggles,
I'm an experienced 'Bermudaphile' only have been going there for the last 30 years or so! My wife and I love the place, and the people are very courteous, polite, and helpful. (hint--if the say 'good morning' they expect a return salutation from you!). The ship is one of the older ones, and will be docking at Dockyards, along with 2-3 other ships. I would highly recommend getting a transportation sheet before hand, as it will tell you how often the ferry's and busses go to Hamilton--I would NOT recommend renting a scooter, as they drive on the LEFT and not the right, and even though you may know how to use a GPS, getting used to the roads can be a bit tricky. The ferry goes to Hamilton goes about every 45 minutes, and is walking distance off of the pier. The bus takes about 45 miinutes to get to Hamilton, and is a easy way to see the island and not worry about transportation. The bus drivers are real ambassadors for the island, and do not be afraid to ask a 'silly' question. I hope this has been a little help from you!
Thanks,
newie@kc.rr.com
Old February 27th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Passenger

Thanks for all of your great tips. We are traveling to Bermuda out of New York City for the first time and your insight is greatly appreciated
Adventure of the Seas - 8/06
Navigator of the Seas - 8/05
Celebrity Century - 8/04