Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2010, 01:10 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Cirque Dreams Rehersal sneak peek

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/

Last edited by Kuki; March 18th, 2010 at 06:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old March 18th, 2010, 03:02 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

We went to the rehearsal spot for thre new Norwegian Epic Cirque Dreams show last night, and we had a preview of the experience they are planning to offer on the ship.

It is a trulu unique and amazing experince that will surely be as popular as the Blue Man group on the new ship.

The idea here is an interactive circus performance with acrobats, tumbles, etc. (no live animals) that perform in the round in a dining room built inside a circus tent themed room.

This is truly a quality production - not just a concept hashed out as some other circus style idea we have seen before. We saw the actual performers and what is shaping up to be the actual routine for the (the director was quick to note that anything could change at any time, but the basic premise is solidly in place).

There is a central character who is something of a ringmaster who taakes the audience through various experiences as if he is just experiencing them himself. The action is just a little beyond his control adding to the fun of what happens.

I have a ton of pictures and even video I will be posting soon, but here is a taste.

I have many many more pictures as well as great video which I will be posting when I have more time. It is noew the middle of the night. This is going to be a very exciting ship and I know many CruiseMates are excited about it.
Old March 18th, 2010, 07:04 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Cast.. once onboard cast will consist of 50 performers

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 18th, 2010, 11:03 AM
Admiral

wow..looks great thanks for sharing the previews..are you thinking about a group night out for this and the Blue Man group for the upcoming Halloween CM cruise or perhaps a special behind the scenes tour ?

I will be on the Captial Jazz Cruise the week before but since I dock on Saturday in Miami, maybe I'll just purchase a studio cabin and join you guys

ps..Dave The Wave wanted to know did Paul get the phone extension of the 2 young ladies that opened the show
Old March 19th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I posted the video on my FB page, so my cousins daughter could see it..She just left Cirque's Kooza, after a long run....she is an acrobat, and climbs the silks..
You haveto give all the performes on ships a big hand, for doing what they do at sea..I know this will be a big draw, now that it is being done correctly at sea.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator