Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 29th, 2010, 12:54 AM
Passenger

Question Is NCL good for a Hawaiian cruise?

I want to go on a Hawaiian cruise without visiting Mexico or Canada on the trip. It seems like that is impossible unless I board one of NCL's ships since my preference would be to embark in Honolulu and disembark elsewhere in Hawaii - and so far, I have not seen any other cruise line offer that. So now I feel like I have no choice but to sail on NCL. How good is NCL for the Hawaii cruises - great, good, fair, bad, or terrible? Is it good for people who do not want to be around a bunch of kids or burning cigarettes?
Old April 29th, 2010, 01:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

You're right, NCL's Pride of America is the only cruise ship that cruises the Hawaiian islands.

I have no personal experience with the ship, but it does not get great reviews. I see from another recent post of yours that you are considering a Silversea cruise. Frankly, if you're considering Silversea (which is fabulous) I don't imagine that Pride of America would be in your wheelhouse.

However, if you adjust your expectations, you could still enjoy the islands.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old May 2nd, 2010, 12:57 PM
Admiral

yes, NCL is the only way you can do what you are hoping to do and the reviews have been much better in the past year or so. No, the cruise and crew may not be quite as good as on some other NCL ships or other lines, but all in all, it is a great way to see Hawaii in a short period of time. I wouldn't hesitate to book the cruise.

NIta
Old May 2nd, 2010, 12:59 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuki View Post
You're right, NCL's Pride of America is the only cruise ship that cruises the Hawaiian islands.

I have no personal experience with the ship, but it does not get great reviews. I see from another recent post of yours that you are considering a Silversea cruise. Frankly, if you're considering Silversea (which is fabulous) I don't imagine that Pride of America would be in your wheelhouse.

However, if you adjust your expectations, you could still enjoy the islands.
Kuki, I hadn't seen that posting when I said, go for it a minute ago. I think you are probably right, anyone considering Silversea would probably be disappointed in the Pride of Armerica...

Nita