Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Beginner

Question 1st time cruiser questions

I've read that some cruise lines have "Drink Stations" on the ship where you can get free of charge some soda, juice, water, milk, etc.
1) Does NCL Jewel offer this as well and if yes, where on the ship is it located and what types of beverages?
2) Is the kids drink package worth the $$ for a 7-day cruise where milk and juice is not offered??
3) Can you get cold bottled water anywhere on the NCL Jewel at anytime?
4) What are the events on Great Stirrup Cay.... beach, boating, biking, etc?
is lunch offered for adults only diffferent that for kids? are all floats, tubes, etc. offered free?cold bottled water offered for free?
5) Is the Jewel a good 1st time cruise for family? seems like the new Epic has alot more things to do
Sponsored Links
Old June 1st, 2010, 02:17 PM
Passenger

I've read that some cruise lines have "Drink Stations" on the ship where you can get free of charge some soda, juice, water, milk, etc.
1) Does NCL Jewel offer this as well and if yes, where on the ship is it located and what types of beverages?
2) Is the kids drink package worth the $$ for a 7-day cruise where milk and juice is not offered??

I don't have any children, but we are planning a weekend cruise for the family & my sister has 2 children under 2 1/2, so I have been looking into this as well. Here is what I know - juice, water & milk is free, the stations are located in the dining areas.

The worth of the soda package, would depend I suppose, on how much soda they will drink, as opposed to milk, juice, water, etc. From NCL's website:
Children's Soda Program (12 & under)

Give the gift of endless fountain soda throughout their cruise.
Unlimited Fountain Soda
Includes: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.
The entire cruise must be purchased. Non-Refundable.
Prepaid @ $4.00 per person per day x Cruise days plus 15% gratuity
and applicable taxes
Souvenir Thermal mug included in the purchase of the program

I personally don't drink anything other than water (unless it's that great pomegranate martini that they sell) & I have been on quite a few cruises with NCL, where I have packed my own bottled water & they have never had a problem with that. You may want to get an official answer though. SO, if that is an option for you, you may want to do so. Remember, too, they will deliver the luggage to your room, so you will not have to haul it the whole way yourself. If it is not an option, I can tell you, I have never had a problem with getting the water on the ship itself, but I am guessing you are thinking more about the excursions. I am not sure about Stirrup Cay - have not been there yet myself.

Good luck & have fun!
Old June 5th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Skype™ to sergej

I Hope you can, But I am sure you can't

Please cruise lines think more about water !!!

One can leave without meal 2 months but only 3-4 days without water.

WATER is important , in glass bottles not in plastic !
water with different sparkling level.

And a gut coffee !

Don't spare on that point please.
Old June 5th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy6101 View Post
4) What are the events on Great Stirrup Cay.... beach, boating, biking, etc?
is lunch offered for adults only different that for kids? are all floats, tubes, etc. offered free?cold bottled water offered for free?
5) Is the Jewel a good 1st time cruise for family? seems like the new Epic has a lot more things to do
1. The "Drink Stations" in the buffet area of the ship do not include Soda, Milk or Juice. Milk and Juice are available during meal times only.

2. If your kids are going to drink more than three sodas a day then it is worth it to purchase the soda package.

3. Bottled water is not included in your fare. It is an additional charge. I strongly suggest using a refillable mug and just filling it up with the ship's water.

4. The food is the same for adults and kids. Bottled water is an additional charge. The floats and non-motorized water toys are no charge.

5. I believe that Jewel is as a good a choice for kids as most other ships. Epic and RCI's Oasis and Allure may have a few more things for kids but the price will be quite a bit more.

Take care and enjoy your cruise.
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me