Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 9th, 2010, 07:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2
Default No Single Supplement?

I was just looking at a price list for the Epic for a 7 day Western Caribbean Cruise. Supposedly there is no supplement if you book one of those tiny cell like rooms. Then why is it $200 more for that room than it is for the per person double occupancy rate in a standard inside? If there is truly no supplement for those rooms then wouldn't the price be the same?

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2010, 07:34 AM
Familiar Face

Unfortunately it looks like NCL has really upped the price for the Studios. Not sure if it is because they are unique and in high demand or NCL anticipates they will be in high demand. For example, when I booked my Studio for 9 October in February it was $799, it is now $1049 ($250 more). Note: the prices are before taxes.

Ok, I just did a check for the 9 October cruise to see how much it would cost to stay in the cheapest inside vs. the Studio. A single would have to pay double the per person cost for the inside - $709 x 2 = $1418. However when I looked at the Studio, the price has gone up again (not reflected when it shows the totals for each category before you select the date - still showing $1049). However when you select 9 Oct, the Studio is showing $1099 - $300 more then I paid). I can't imagine paying $1206.10 (total with taxes) for a Studio, when for just a couple hundred dollars more I could get a larger cabin.

Last edited by Wando; July 9th, 2010 at 07:43 AM.
Old July 9th, 2010, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Exactly my thoughts too. Even so if the price of the studio is higher than the pp rate of the standard cabin that is a supplement. It should be the same. I too would rather pay more for a standard cabin. I have serious concerns about singles congregating late night in the studio to continue the party.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain

Old July 10th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

Any cruise line will sell a cabin for whatever they can get...

These cabins are much different from standard insides - they are VERY cute - but smaller. The standard insides are average cruise ship staterooms, not even "new wave" like the outside rooms.
Old July 10th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Admiral

Thanks Paul.
I do have serious concerns about these rooms. I am a cpap user and I see no table beside the bed to put it on. The dressing table is too far away with only 6 feet of tubing. I know the answer most would suggest is to buy longer tubing. Sounds simple enough. Cpap equipment is expensive and insurance only covers so much.
Another concern I have is the toilet closet. It appears to be even smaller than a standard stall in a public bathroom.
I think for me to book this ship I would be better off booking a standard cabin at $200%

Laura
---Mark Twain