Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Norwegian Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2010, 01:15 PM
Familiar Face

Default ncl Star New suites on deck 12 forward

Has anyone stayed in or heard about rom 12012 on the Star? These are new rooms that have just been put in where the forward lounge used to be. Thanks for any info or pios
Sponsored Links
Old July 31st, 2010, 01:50 PM
Administrator
Admiral

They were just completed a week or two ago and they look pretty nice. If you really don't need a balcony they are a great alternative. The AJ Family Suite is large, reasonably priced and comes with full suite benefits. The AH looks similar but includes the balcony.

There are some A2 owners suites on the front of the ship where the lounge used to be and while these have no windows they look huge and very nice.

Since they all include the suite benefits I would book one for a port intensive cruise. I would have to have a balcony for an Alaskan cruise.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 2nd, 2010, 08:38 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks Mike! We have one AH with a balcony booked for November-I'm so excited I can't wait. Haven't had a butler before tho-any tips you can give me on what to expect and how much to tip??
Old August 2nd, 2010, 11:02 PM
Administrator
Admiral

The butler can do as much or as little as you want. They can deliver and set up the "suite breakfast" or serve you dinner in your cabin. You can order from any of the specialty restaurants and the butler will serve it for you. You will still be assessed the restaurant charge.

The butler can help you with laundry, unpacking, shining shoes and arranging get togethers in your suite.

The amount you tip depends on the amount you use your butler. The recommendation is $10/day. You can adjust that with what you feel comfortable with.

I have tipped more for our butler on Jewel. He set up an in suite get together for us and served us dinner on two nights. On Jade we hardly used the butler and tipped the minimum. On Jade the butler had to make sure we "knew" that he had too many cabins to service and ordering from the specialty restaurants would be additional work for him.
That set the tone for the cruise so we hardly used him other than his standard duties.

The standard things a butler will do is: Deliver nightly canapés and refill the beans in the latte-cappuccino-coffee maker. I'm a coffee junkie and I loved the coffee machine. I do not know if the new suites, on Star have them.

Have a great time and enjoy the suite.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 10th, 2010, 10:51 PM
Familiar Face

thank you!! I am hoping someone will post pictures soon!